• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versawork Palettes and Illustrator

AKSigns

Okay what am I doing wrong,
I've printed out the set colour palettes that come with versa work to provide me and my customers some guidance when were choosing colours. When I set up the file colours in Illustrator CS3 (importing the versa works palettes) and then sent the file to rip the colours are never the same.
This must be a issue with Illustrator but I'm not sure how to fix it!

Any suggestions??

Alley Kat

petepaz

goto start menu rt click explorer
goto program files then versa works
then to swatches then click illustr
then you have to put this in your illust presets copy and paste swatches
then you can access the color pallate in your swatches section as far as printing the color profiles you have got to media and create color system chart and you have to set it to the material you are printing every different material you use will give you different color shadesex: calandered wht vinyl is not going to print the same shades of colors you will get when printing on pos pro
you have to have a color swatch chart for each material but after you do that when you create in illustr and use the roland color system swatches you should get the exact colors from your chart

petepaz

i know this may be a little confusing but if you contact roland or the people you bought your machine from they should be able to talk you through it that's what i did

grayguitar

Illustrator Palette

There is a specific way to import the palette into Illustrator.

The library file must be copied into the folder used by Illustrator to store the swatch library files. Each version of Illustrator may store the swatch library files in a slightly different folder. For Illustrator 10 and later (up to CS3), the swatch libraries are stored in “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator xxx\Presets\Swatches” folder. Copy the files “Roland Color
System Library.ai” to the Swatches folder under Illustrator and then the library will be available for selection the next time you start Illustrator.

Also you have to go into Queue A and Queue B Properties and make sure that the color settings are checked. They are defaulted to be turned off.

Good luck. Hope this helps.​

AKSigns

yippee it worked!! Thanks so much for your help!!! although to be honest I'm not really sure if I did anything different!!
Oh well I'm happy that I got the colour I needed!!

Kate