• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks and EPS files...

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Anyone else having issues with Versaworks and it NOT printing an EPS file to the specified sizes or adding a blank Border to your documents when you dont want one???
Any fixes? Rasterized to a jpg & Tiff format to test and the file went thru at perfect size.

petepaz

been using it for about a year now that wasn't one of the problems i have encountered (yet)
is there a viewing mask around the art work which would make the computer register a larger object not just the viewing area

digitalgraffiti

What version of Illustrator are you using. Keep in mind that CS3 will crop out anything not with in the actual page size. Not saying that is your problem, but it has thrown kind a few people.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
it was a Photoshop EPS actually....but also getting it with Illustrator files. It looks like there is a white border in the document when there really isnt any

Ken

Have you tried viewing in wireframe mode? Could be an invisible box around the image that needs to be deleted.
Good luck...Ken

iSign

I don't use versaworks, but I always rasterize for printing anyway. Eliminates a number of issues for me

Mason

All good suggestions above, in fact you might try doing them in that order, check in wireframe, flatten or rasterize, open in versaworks.

You should be able to see the bounding box in versaworks once youve opened your file that should let you know what its going to do right there and then

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
none of the above are issues actually...there are NO wireframe boxes and the wierdest situation was a Photoshop Rasterized .eps file that did this! NOT Illustrator (though illustrator eps files do that as well....)

Kenny

Had the same problem last night with a customer supplied EPS file. I opened it in Illy CS3 and copy/pasted into a new document...the new document did not have the extra space. YMMV

gresults

The eps margin setting might be the issue edit/queue settings A or B has a place where you actually set the space around eps images, I know I have each one set different, one for banners and one for printed cut graphics.

Might take a look and setting and see if helps..