• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaWorks Communication Fail

SSIPRINT

Versaworks is failing to stay connected with my Roland LEC-330.

I have done the following:
-Unplugged/Plugged in Ethernet
-Restart Versaworks/Computer/Printer
-Double checked IP's, Subnet, and Gateway
-IvP4 enabled, DHCP enabled
-Initialized Versaworks and reestablished printer.

In the command prompt I will get a ping from the printer back to the computer even though Versa works says it is unable to detect the printer.
(Attached Photo)

After I initialized Versaworks and re-assigned the printer, my Status said "Connected", I started a test print, once again it failed about halfway through and lost its connection.

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

Versaworks.jpeg

weyandsign

That's tricky. I guess your leaning towards it being a problem with VW. Maybe the firewall is blocking VW somehow. Is it possible to install an older copy of VW6 to test? Or any way to try operating the printer on a different PC?

SSIPRINT

That's tricky. I guess your leaning towards it being a problem with VW. Maybe the firewall is blocking VW somehow. Is it possible to install an older copy of VW6 to test? Or any way to try operating the printer on a different PC?
That's what I was thinking myself. The computer used for the digital printer runs on Windows Vista, I am unable to install any updates and our IT guy was unable to access the computer remotely.

Now, I am wondering if: We replace the computer and upgrade to Windows 10 or 11, can I download the latest version of VW and will this work with the Roland LEC-330 computer. I am assuming yes, but have never done that before.

EDIT: After doing a few quick google searches I believe this is 100% compatible.

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Check your Windows firewall settings and make sure VersaWorks is allowed to use the network. The fact that windows can ping it and it still won't connect tells me VW is being blocked.

SSIPRINT

Check your Windows firewall settings and make sure VersaWorks is allowed to use the network. The fact that windows can ping it and it still won't connect tells me VW is being blocked.

I believe I have this done already. Either way our IT guy is coming in tomorrow to see what he can do until we get the new computer/VW6. I even tried creating a rule that allowed the two IP addresses to communicate together... Thank you for the input!
RVW_Firewall.jpg