• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks Crashing Constantly - Help!

NickerStickers

We are unable to figure out how to keep Versaworks from crashing. By crashing, I mean it freezes mid-Rip and we have to go into task manager to shut it down.

The typical scenario is we have 20 EPS files of simple no color 5" x 5" designs all nested and tiled to print. We are cutting only, no printing. We tell it to rip and print or even just rip and it will get about 70 to 90 percent done and then just freeze. It does this several times a day, every day.

We are using Versaworks 4.80, (set to update weekly) on a computer that has Windows 7, AMD processor x4, 64 bit, 8 GB memory, 1 TB hard drive. Windows virus protection with Superantispyware, Spywareblaster and Malwarebytes.

We did not have any trouble with Versaworks until we upgraded from an older 3.0 version. Wish we had not upgraded at all. :-( We are using the same EPS files for over 5 years, so we have ruled out corrupted files.

The printer is a Versacamm SP-300v. It works fine once the job rips. It's during the rip that Versaworks quits on us. Any ideas on how to fix this GREATLY APPRECIATED!

anotherdog

Aha! I have exactly this issue.
Taking it from the installed Disk version 3, I upgraded over time to 4.6. After that I upgraded and the thing crashed or locked up, I kept having to go back to 4.6. This was on three different RIPs running XP and system 7.

I had a service Tech who gave me a 4.4 installer that will upgrade to 4.8, however the Cut part of the program will not work!

Frustrating, I have been in contact with Roland for months with no solution.
My recommendation is to reinstall and only upgrade to 4.6 or earlier. Most of the later upgrades are for metalics anyway.

oh and turn off the Auto upgrade.

NickerStickers

Yes, initialized - many times. Never helps. I have a 4.6 disk, so will try reinstalling and turning off the updates. I'll post if it works.

Thanks!

NickerStickers

Downgraded to 4.6 and set it to just update profiles not software. Works!! Have not had one single crash this week. Yay! @anotherdog - thank you!

rjssigns

I posted this in another spot today, but here goes again. With the older SP series DO NOT UPDATE! SHUT OFF AUTO UPDATE! Roland no longer sends anything relevant for these printers. It will cause nothing but headaches as some have experienced. Besides it will eat up valuable disc space and waste time.
We were in the same boat until we sht off auto update and went back to previous version of VW.

chartle

My issue is that when you exit the Settings Screen it will hang. This will happen every fourth or fifth time you go in and come it.

There is no reason except of course it always happens when you are in a rush.

On another forum it was posted that you should keep your A and B queues empty and this will help.

I'm running 4.8.1.