• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaWorks help whit a big car wrap

Riskok

Can I do just a huge picture in lets say Photoshop and then print it in lets say 4 diffrent pieces?

How do you do that the best way? And get the best Overlaps :)

Best Regards Patrik

Last edited:

Bigdawg

Just Me
That's exactly what I do riskok. Just decide how much overlap you'll need and you should be good to go...

petepaz

pat
it's like pat said
but once you import the file versa will automatically split/tile the obejct
and then when you goto clip and tile you can adjust your tile sizes and your overlap
this way you can get your breaks where you want them

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Also, if you screw up a tile and have to reprint one of them, save your rips for reprints. Just select the ripped panel and reprint. If didn't save your rips, you can go into the tile section and click on the individual tiles and turn them on and off.

1" overlap is recomended.

Mason

I usually go to clip and tile and set thepanelsize and then the overlap at .75 just to be safe.

JoshLoring

Depending on the car i try to print the whole thing sideways and have the panal overlap at the sideskirts. With this technique you can wrap an entire car with no seams or overlap because your overlap would be the seam on the car at an area that will be cut.
No overlap equals paint like installation.