• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks multipal passes?

ATV8067

Was wondering if the following scenario can be shortened?

We are printing multi-color static clings decal in reverse with white backwash for a local radio station.

Here is how we are presently doing it.

1st pass---Printing CMYK / return to origin / 3 minute dry time.
2nd pass-- Printing White (Backwash) / return to origin / 3 minute dry time
3rd pass-- Printing White (Backwash) / return to origin / contour cut.

I realize we could do a double pass on #2, but it appears to be laying to much white and then the contour cut starts to roll.

Any help would br appreciated and thanks in advance!:thumb:
PS.. We are running these on a VS-540 Roland

woolly

Been trying the same on my vs
could do cmyk wt then a white.
But as you may have noticed it prints faster doing 3 separate prints.
Found that the estimated ink level doing this is a mile out compared to the actual ripped amount.
Try never to cut through print on cling a small clear area outside the print keeps it stable.

C

petepaz

i have run them on my xc-540 and do it the same way if you don't let the white dry enough you will have issues. just the nature of the beast
the only other thing you could try is run the white over cmyk setting then return to origin and do a white only pass w/ contour cut. i have done that and it was ok. you still have to allow some dry time but you knock out a step