• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

versaworks not cutting

I am having problems with versaworks after update. When I import in a file with contour cut normally it shows up in red and will cut after printing. But when I import it today it is grey and only prints. I tried old files that I know have cut before and still getting gre cut lines and no cut.

It has to be something in settings but I can not find it.

GTSTech_1

In VersaWorks, confirm you have Convert spot colors selected and an EPS margin (.05)......4 tab in Que Properties. Once confirmed, make sure you have the CutContour color selected on the design side. If you don't see "marching ants" in VersaWorks, the file will not cut.

My .02

GTSTech_1

All that is correct. I have a file I printed just the other day with contour cut andit does not show cut lines. Its like versaworks isn't reading the cutlines. Call a tech at GSG and they said it has to be my file I said I can print cut that same file from another computer just with versaworks just not my main computer. Some setting must have changed when I updated.

duggan

having same problem!

I'm having the same problem! Its like versaworks isn't reading my cut marks.
> I've made sure that the correct color is being used in Illustrator
>Checked the settings in Versaworks - Que A properties and made sure it wasn't set to print only.

Still having the problem!
Any other ideas?

duggan

Got it to work!

In Illustrator, I moved the layer with the cut contour to the side, and then rasterized the other layers. I then placed the later over the top of the rasterized layers. Saved. Imported into Versaworks, and it worked!