• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaWorks Problem

SignBurst PCs

I am hoping that there are some Roland pros around that might be able to help me out.

Recently I was trying to speed up a workstation with VersaWorks intalled and afterwards, VersaWorks would not open. I would get almost all the way open, then close. It would close at the "Adobe CPSI" point.

I did two things to make this happen:

1. Adjusted the computer performace setting for "best performance" instead of the default "let Windows decide". This took it back to the "classic" look and feel.

2. Changed the pagefile to a faster disk with more space and "let Windows manage" the size of the pagefile.

I returned the settings to their default settings and VersaWorks opened fine.

Does anyone have any insight into what may be going on here?:help:

petepaz

not sure what you did but you might want to restore back to before you made the adjustment just to get it working again
working slow is better then not working at all

SignBurst PCs

I didn't have to restore, I just changed the settings back and everything seemed to work.

I am just wondering why those, seemingly unrelated, settings would "hose-up" VersaWorks.

petepaz

i have had multiple un-explained problems
-cutting 5-10 laminated prints and all of a sudden one won't read the crop marks
-art work only imports in one direction and can not be rotated
just one of those things but then the next day things are fine

sizzlingsigns

This happened to me and all i did was go to start menu> Programs> roland versaworks and i hit clear job log.... Then when it was done I hit initialize application and when i opened it it asked me for the ip for the machine and it worked from there on....