Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

versaworks profile question

Discussion in 'Roland' started by CanuckSigns, Aug 20, 2009.

1. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    Hello:
    I am printing some industrial markers on 3651 with my SP 540 and using the 3651 profile on high speed leaves banding big time when trying to print a solid colour background. I got it to work well by changing a few settings (changing from prepress US to custom and editing that to saturation)

I was wondering if there was a way to save this as a new profile in VW called "industrial marker 3651" so i can just select that material next time rather than go through all the steps again. I looked in the media library and couldn't see anywhere to change the media default from pre-press US. I know i can change the Qeue (sp?) settings but that will apply to every job in that Qeue.

Thanks
    Scott
    :thankyou:

Tags:
  2. mac_man_luke

mac_man_luke Member

Aug 2, 2008
    South Australia
    Iv had lots of issues with oracal profiles, IMO you really need to profile the media yourself

3. MachServTech

MachServTech Very Active Member

Sep 19, 2008
    North Carolina
    I think in versaworks you can only go so far as a Linearization, to go further you need outside software such as Profilemaker by x-rite. (somone please correct me if I'm wrong)

4. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    i use oracal 3164 and 3651 all the time and i just use the a standard profile
    GCVP:glossy calandered vinyl (ESM)
    and little or no problems at all
    but another question is this the only material you are having this issue with because i know when our capping stations where going bad i have bad banding issues

5. JoshLoring

JoshLoring Very Active Member

You don't want prepress or anything else in there. Set to custom with adobe1998.icc and cmykwebcoated. This (if your pc is set right) will match your computer and software settings and print correctly.
    I use that media on occasion and versaworks prints fine.

6. JoshLoring

JoshLoring Very Active Member

Gcvp is a profile for rolands (Avery) brand media. This = wrong ink saturation and profile for oracal media. Trust me we are Oracal OCS certified printers. It may look find and dandy but it will not last

7. TresL

TresL Very Active Member

Oct 24, 2005
    try the 3164G profile with MAX impact & stanard QTY.
    For me, it gives the some the best print QTY with the fastest times.

There is always a trade off with speed VS qty.

This is my new go to profile.
    Even works well on banners with high res pics.

8. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    The best answer is to copy an existing media in Media Explorer, mand the desired changes to it, and use that media when desired.

9. Willy

Willy Member

May 11, 2005
    Washington,PA
    I'm brand new to the digital printing. What is the best profile for Orajet 3164g?
    I want to start off on the right foot and give a good quality product.