• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks won't print after windows 10 install

Techman

Block auto updates in windows..
I been saying this for a decade.
On another forum the pro-auto update crowd in win 10 just suffered a huge loss. Machines suddenly quit right in the middle of jobs and updated.. They whined like babies about it.

There is no need in my humble opinion for any one with a working win 7 machine to get win 10. They goona add lots of stuff you do not want.

Last update in win 7 and 8 they removed some functions such as media player and added some onerous spam ports as well.

Only get win 10 if it comes with a new machine,.

WildWestDesigns

Block auto updates in windows..
I been saying this for a decade.
On another forum the pro-auto update crowd in win 10 just suffered a huge loss. Machines suddenly quit right in the middle of jobs and updated.. They whined like babies about it.

There is no need in my humble opinion for any one with a working win 7 machine to get win 10. They goona add lots of stuff you do not want.

Last update in win 7 and 8 they removed some functions such as media player and added some onerous spam ports as well.

Only get win 10 if it comes with a new machine,.

I don't think you can turn off auto updates in Win 10.

I think they are mandatory. At least from the reviews that I've read.

Techman

whatever,, updates can be stopped with a little motivation. There are dozens of ways to block it starting with the router.
For example. A working machine that drives a cutter or printer. Leave it off the internet.
Win 10 pro it is an option.

WildWestDesigns

whatever,, updates can be stopped with a little motivation. There are dozens of ways to block it starting with the router.
For example. A working machine that drives a cutter or printer. Leave it off the internet.

Not exactly what I meant. I meant as an option when you have a computer with a network feed and disconnected it with the OS options.

Again, that was only through reviews that I have read and from some beta testers. I'm sure Enterprise has different options. I don't know if it was Home, Pro, Ultimate or whatever. Probably Home Premium is going to have the least available options if it's modular like that.

Sure leaving it not connected then almost any and all issues with Win 10 and it's telemetry are moot at that point. Run it in a VM with internet disabled is another option.

Jwalk

I certainly hope there's a way to disable updates, without turning off your internet. I disabled updates a long time ago. I fret the days when I would go to boot up my computer and then it wanted to do a 10 min install of updates.

I don think I'll ever switch at least for a long time.

Plus win 10 lets every one on your wifi . you have to disable it then alter your wifi router name manually to be totally free. If you dont anybody of your friends on facebook can get on your wifi without the password. ridiculous. Check it out that is well known now.

WildWestDesigns

I don think I'll ever switch at least for a long time.

The only concern that I would have is when your OS goes EOL and you want to upgrade a piece of software. You may or may not get it to install on that older OS, but you won't get customer support for trying to run it on an EOL OS.

I have one software that might be the reason why I go to the latest iteration of Windows, but it will more then likely be in a VM with all outside connection(s) turned off within the virtualization software. Just to make sure that everything is taken care of.

gzolee

au off

To disable Windows Update in the other Windows 10 editions, you have to set NoAutoUpdate to 1 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU. If the corresponding keys don’t exist, you have to create them.