• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

versaworks

Charlie J

I installed versaworks and I am printing good with my sp540v...but now my little desktop printer wont print at all. When I go to print something it says:

"Before you can perform printer related tasks such as page setup or printing a document you need to install a printer. Do you want to install a printer now?"

So I click yes and it says "Operation could not be completed."

Has anyone else had this problem?

BobbyFosson

What devices do you have listed in the Printers section of the Windows Control Panel ?

May need to reinstall the software that came with your desktop printer...

Mason

Actually I think if you go to your printers dialogue box, you will find the sp540 has become your default printer, you need to reassign your desktop printer as the default, I had the same issue and that was the problem..

Charlie J

Theres no printers in the printers dialogue. If I try to add a new printer it just says "operation could not be completed"

Mason

So you went to "Control Panel/Printers" and the folder is empty? the roland doesnt even show up?

Charlie J

I was actually looking at that same page last night

1. If the Lexmark print service is installed on your computer, turn off the LexBce Server service. To do this, follow these steps: a. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.
b. Expand Services and Applications, and then click Services.
c. In the right pane, right-click LexBce Server, and then click Properties.
d. On the General tab, in the Startup type list, click Disabled.
e. Under Service status, click Stop, and then click OK.
f. Right-click the Print Spooler service, and then click Start (if it is stopped).
g. Quit Computer Management.

but i dont have lexmark. I'm not sure which service to look for.

Bennett

Printer

Hello,

The Lexmark is just being used as an example ... I don't have any Lexmark printers either, but I used those steps ... What brand of printer are you trying to install? I'll see if I can find the the info you need.

:)

Mason

Dude, use your sytem restore and go back to a point where you know you had your desktop working, then reinstall Versaworks(if you have to) and run down the problem from there, I find it difficult to believe that simply by installing VW it deleted all your printer profiles.. You might try rebooting from a cold start as well

Charlie J

Hello,

The Lexmark is just being used as an example ... I don't have any Lexmark printers either, but I used those steps ... What brand of printer are you trying to install? I'll see if I can find the the info you need.

:)

right...I've got my roland540 installed and I would like to be able to use my Brother DCP-110C

JAMESGANGRACING

when you installed versa works you also installed another program (cant remember the name).it does not work with xp and takes out the spooler.
remove it and your printer will work fine. had the same problem.