• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks

82R909

Im having issues with the cut path showing up in versaworks it comes up white instead of the pink doted lines where I want it to cut.. Any ideas what might be causing this??????? Thanks in Advanced!

Bigdawg

Just Me
Did you name it CutContour? Did you specify it as a spot color? Do you have transparency (drop shadows, etc) ANYWHERE in the document?

threeputt

Has the RIP program been working fine until this particular file? That'll help most of us diagnose your problem.

82R909

There is some drop shadows in the artwork and Yes the RIP program as been working all day and used it again this morning and it is named cut contour.

82R909

Then again the whole file is opaque. I check it when it asks when i want it to save it. Ive down it before but for some reason it just has white lines where i want it to cut =/

osmasterflex

make sure you flatten transparencies...When you save the file, did it show some sort of error about Transparencies?

82R909

its an AI file so when i go to save as eps file it says When spot color are used with transparency changing them to process colors ouside of illustrator can generate unexpected results.... then i click continue and click opaque and it usually works for me and you can see the cut path in versaworks ... and yes i do have the cut contour on the top layer

osmasterflex

Well its most likely the part of the image with the drop shadow, so remove the CutContour stroke completely. Then click on the image that needs to be flattened, and go to Object then Flatten Transparencies...

Then go back and see if you can put the stroke around the image.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Just my way of doing it... but flatten thw whole thing... all of it except your contour cut. Versaworks and Illy don't play well together when it rips the file and you'll see a distinct line a lot of the time between the vector and the flattened raster.

anotherdog

A useful workaround when flattening is driving you crazy. Create two .eps files from the original. one with the graphic in all its transparent drop shadow glory the other the cut path.
Print one, cut with the other. As long as they are the same size and both have the print cut crop marks everything will work fine.

82R909

Yup it worked thanks for ALL the help I took my cut contours out and then Flatten Transparencies and then threw the cut paths back on and it worked! =] Thx again !

82R909