• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Verticle Banding!!!

JFERG90

Hello again,

We have been having some major issues hahahaha, We are getting a verticle banding on all of our prints, doesnt matter the profile, the material. Weve changed the printer calibration, print feed calibration. Seems like weve tryed everything.

Well hopefully not everything because we cant seem to fix it.

It is verticle banding on all of our materials used with all of our profiles.

Please help, I run a Roland SolJet 545 with EcoSolv inks.

Appreciate the help guys.

I'm not familiar with Rolands but the encoder strip would be my first guess. If that's ok I would make sure the material is laying flat, all of the heaters are working properly and the head carriage is moving smoothly.

~Chris

Big Blue

Maybe your material rollers (the rollers on top) are dirty.... Our JV3 will do this if our rollers get something on them.... Might want to give it a try.

JFERG90

I have checked those, thanks for suggestions here is an image of what is going on so maybe someone can recognize it or helps with the understanding...

Thanks guys keep it coming.

Attachments

• VERTICAL BANDING 003.jpg
    VERTICAL BANDING 003.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 86

BobbyFosson

Try to print the file with all heaters off. Vertical banding has often been heater settings or problems with heater

Jack Knight1979

do a bi-directional calibration. also, this looks to be "in spec". You're running a solid color at a high pas count I imagine. I get this too at times.

A different firing pattern can fix this (profile)