• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VG640 cutting issues

StickerBee

Good morning,

I am having issues with the cutting. Any help is greatly appreciated. For a start towards the mid cutting process is perfectly fine. But towards the end, all the cuts are off.

Please help.

Thanks!

CanuckSigns

Welcome to the Roland VG printers, we had the same issue on multiple VG 640 machines, Roland flew in techs from California and noone could figure out why it's doing it, we ended up selling the printer back to the dealer and bought an Epson with a graphtec plotter, much happier now.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
Hey. lift up the arm and check the rollers. Push on the rubber part side ways and see if they are lose. They should be glued. I had this issue a couple time for the past decade and the minblowing part is that no local tech nor roland knew about this issue when i asked them about it. I figured it out by myself.

CSOCSO

Also very important: if that is is your issue make sure you order the correct roller! The non removable rollers on the side have tapered shape! You will need a small needle nose plier, maybe a small flathead to remove the E clips. Pull the bolt out. put the new roller in. I believe on the tapered one the marked black painted side needs to face out. Make sure you place a vinyl belowe the roller when you work on it so you don't lose the E clips or the tiny spacers. E clips you can only order by 100 package. effin stupid but thats how it is. Or you can hit me up for one. I got 99 left :D

petepaz

Hey. lift up the arm and check the rollers. Push on the rubber part side ways and see if they are lose. They should be glued. I had this issue a couple time for the past decade and the minblowing part is that no local tech nor roland knew about this issue when i asked them about it. I figured it out by myself.

yeah we are having a similar issue with our VG-540 turns out the two end pinch rollers had minor cracks and we are waiting for the replacement. hopefully that's all it is.
when the rollers are clamped down they should not move.

IsItFasst

Agree with others. My SP-300V was cutting way off on even short runs; replacing rollers made it so much better. I think Roland print/cut alignment isn't great, even when new, but mine is pretty good now.

petepaz

the problem is the VG printers haven't been used long enough for the rollers to be bad. in 15 yrs i have replace 3 rollers and we have 4 rolands. i agree that can be an issue but in my opinion we haven't had the machines long enough for the rollers to be bad. check the pinch roller assembly before you change the rollers. if you have the lever engaged the pinch rollers should not move if they do you have to examine closely for small cracks close to the bar they slide on.

StickerBee

Thank you all for the inputs. Just saw all the replies. I will try them all when I get home after work today.

Yesterday, I printed 4'x4' and the first batch was ok. The second batch wasnt. The third time I tried 2'x4 and the cut was ok. I dont know really whats going on. Cleaned up the adhesive that might create friction but still off.

petepaz

one other thing are you inserting all the removable pinch rollers ? that will help hold the print in position while it's cutting

CSOCSO

First check on the rubber wheels on the rollers. 3 of them should be enough. I rarely use 4.

Also. You dont need the machine to be old to have this issue;
2 ways you can have this issue pre maturely. You run out of material and the vinyl is glued to the core or if you are stupid like me and rip the vinyl our of the printer by anger while the arm is on the down position....

Gabil

Gary
Clean encoder strip and detail recalibrate your print/cut. If cut offset on crop cut, adjust crop mark VR on service.