• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinly for plastic trash can

Foghorn12

I have a customer that wants logos, about 24", put on thier plastic trash cans they have on thier grounds for events. Need something that will last 8-12 months and it needs to be digital media. I'm considering the Oracal 3951HT but wanted to see if anyone has experience with this type of trash can and what has worked for you.
:thankyou:

Attachments

• trash can.jpg
    trash can.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 112
our local state fair grounds have the same trash cans and they use a paper/thin plastic wrap that goes around the can with logos/sponsers/events on them. cheap and easy to change. maybe look into something like that.

Convex makes a product specifically for Low energy plastics. Convex high bond. 7yr/ 6mil The printable is only in Matte I believe. If you want gloss you would have to lam. Might be an option for you.

klemgraphics

I have a similar job coming up and I was looking at using the Arlon 8000 as it is a lot less expensive and it doesn't need to last that long. Anyone have any experience with this?

if you just want decals to apply to the trash cans only and not a complete wrap around graphic..then we use mactac. they have a product specifically for that kind of use...the name escapes me right now though. its for low energy plastics. convex is very good, but pricey.

Letterbox Mike

I have a similar job coming up and I was looking at using the Arlon 8000 as it is a lot less expensive and it doesn't need to last that long. Anyone have any experience with this?

We do a TON of decals for trashcans for one of our customers. We've tried ORacal, Arlon, and Mactac and the only thing that sticks well to them is Convex Pitbull, others, including regular Convex, didn't stick nearly as well.

petepaz

avery makes a hi-tac vinyl. that should work also and it's not expensive
30" x 50yd roll $145 from harbor sales

Letterbox Mike

What is that stuff?

Made by Convex, it's a higher-tack version of their regular stuff. And it is high tack, really high tack. They warn you don't stick it unless you want it there, it's stupid strong. God help you if you're weeding it and you get it stuck to your arm hair.

We buy it from Graphic Marking Systems out of Chicago.

HulkSmash

We do a TON of decals for trashcans for one of our customers. We've tried ORacal, Arlon, and Mactac and the only thing that sticks well to them is Convex Pitbull, others, including regular Convex, didn't stick nearly as well.

Are you applying them on metal/ fiberglass/ or plastic trash cans?