• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Cutting

TheSignMaker

Easier said than done...if you don't know it's called paneling then you wouldn't know what to search for.
I just zoom in tight as possible in my design software, cut that artwork right in half, plot it as two seperate pieces and overlap it. I'm sure it's not the proper way but it's gotten the job done more than a few times. I'm glad I know it's called paneling, now I'll go see if I can't learn something new.

:thankyou:

I ditto that! This is how I do it when the design I am working with allows it to be seperated.

TheSignMaker

I know a lot of us may not be using the high end models that you all have, but we all have to start somewhere. I have been in business for two years now and pretty much have self taught myself on the software that I am using and my cutter. Didn't ask people questions because I was not aware that this forum existed. I don't mind someone asking me questions on how to's, some of the programs are not the most user friendly and if you are just learning the software itself, it can be a bit overwhelming at times. I have been there.

:)

TheSignMaker

That's another thing. Are you cutting right from your Corel? I do not cut from Corel. I export it into my cutting program. Regardless, if the graphic that you are cutting allows you to seperate it. Divide the graphic in two and cut each section seperately.