Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vinyl Express GRC-61

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Plotters' started by l_elliott1, Jan 29, 2006.

1. l_elliott1

l_elliott1 New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    We are looking for a driver for a Vinyl Express GRC61 plotter. We are having trouble cutting and were told to use a PNC1100 Roland, yet feel this is incorrect. I saw a similar post, yet the links don't work. And was wondering if anyone knew where to locate a driver?? Any help would be great, THANKS!

Tags:
  2. THATgirl

THATgirl Very Active Member

Sep 16, 2003
    driver

My Roland PNC 1000 driver works with the GRC61 plotter. A friend who went out of the sign business gave me his plotter and software. I have used the plotter a couple of times, but mostly am still usiing the Roland. Sorry I am not more help.

3. Scott Reynolds

Scott Reynolds Active Member

Feb 5, 2005
    I was going to upload it, signs101 wont let me upload a zip file :(

4. Scott Reynolds

Scott Reynolds Active Member

Feb 5, 2005
  5. greeter896

greeter896 Member

Feb 28, 2006
    I own a Vinyl Express Panther 24" and I was wondering if the Roland driver corrected your corrected you cutting problem?

6. l_elliott1

l_elliott1 New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    No Help

I can't help on this. We never did correct the issue. We are currently setting in Corel, exporting as .ai files and opening in Anagraph to plot. We were told by the manufacturer there is no driver and no way to change the plot axis to correspond with what corel sends. Sorry I'm no better help, but if you find anything please let me know!!

7. srt10x3

srt10x3 Member

Jan 26, 2006
    The company is GCC that makes it for Signwarehouse.
    Their Website is
    http://www.gccworld.com

what is your email, and I will email you the usb driver for it so you can print/cut directly from windows apps.

On second thought, you can download it from:

http://www.hurricane-signs.com/signs101

Craig

8. carm

carm New Member

Mar 23, 2006
    You should be able to download drivers from the signwarehouse site.

9. atrick

atrick New Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Drivers

signwarehouse doesn't have drivers for GNC61 plotters anymore. I even called to find out if they could get me a driver and if not where I could find one, was told by their tech that they were not available and to buy a new plotter as that one is out dated and old!!

10. Tony McD

Tony McD Member

Sep 13, 2006
    Camdenton, Missouri
    Just so you know...this post is five years old.
    I have the driver, and can email it to you if needed.
    It will work up to xp.....I'm using it now on a windows 7 machine in xp mode.

11. Jim Doggett

Jim Doggett Very Active Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Try www.gccworld.com. They should have up-to-date drivers. We no longer partner with GCC on the GRC61. So no drivers is, in our opinion, better than out-dated drivers. Thus we need to send you to the source. That'll insure you get the best and most up-to-date solution.

Hope that helps. If not let me know and I'll get one of techs to sleuth a solution.

Best,