• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Express Q54 and ARMS!!!!!!

altereddezignz

Glad i saw this post. I have similar issue right now.
The only problem is that it cut 4.5' x 6' decal fine. It was dead on.
But when I try to do 4'x 10' one, it stops when it scans the third row of registration marks (I put extra ones on the long prints).

If anyone have any idea, please look here
http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?127648-quot-OFF-SCALE-quot-Warning-Issue-Need-HELP

Think you have an different issue all together as your getting an error. Mine just will not read the mark..

Dennis422

Yes, I know. But at least someone might see and recognize what is going on.

BTW, just talked to the Grimco tech support. There is no way me to check if it will work until afternoon.
This morning I realized that the "page size" length defaults to 78.72" or something like that in CM3. I always change that to 150" or more for those big prints.
After talking to Grimco, they said that Graphtec had a default page length of 78.7" and that it might help if I go into the the menu at the cutter and increase it there.

Will try later today

Hope this helps someone down the road.

altereddezignz

Yes, I know. But at least someone might see and recognize what is going on.

BTW, just talked to the Grimco tech support. There is no way me to check if it will work until afternoon.
This morning I realized that the "page size" length defaults to 78.72" or something like that in CM3. I always change that to 150" or more for those big prints.
After talking to Grimco, they said that Graphtec had a default page length of 78.7" and that it might help if I go into the the menu at the cutter and increase it there.

Will try later today

Hope this helps someone down the road.

I didn't mean that the way it sounded.. Ha-ha was just trying to state that the issue may be deeper since your getting an actual error. This forum has helped me out a lot so far so keep trying someone more than likely has had a similar issue.

altereddezignz

I am loosing my gosh forsaken mind. OK so this things acts like it sees the first registration marks and when it goes to the back right one to look it stops about an inch short and acts like it looks for it then goes to the front left and stops short and does the same thing!!!!! Anyone have any ideas. I also did the auto mark scan adjust with no luck at all.....

I am loosing my gosh forsaken mind. OK so this things acts like it sees the first registration marks and when it goes to the back right one to look it stops about an inch short and acts like it looks for it then goes to the front left and stops short and does the same thing!!!!! Anyone have any ideas. I also did the auto mark scan adjust with no luck at all.....

Have you reset your machine? Have you set page length to 1000+ inches. Sometimes everything will work but the length of the page in the plotter menu is shorter then the registration and it will not travel past where it thinks the end of the page is. This was DK problem if you read above. Also are you set HPGL language. If you are set in the wrong language sometimes it will look like it's going to work but it doesn't. Does the prod. manager prompt you to put the pen in the middle of the box? There are a number of problems. Usually just a reset and then set your standards back.

altereddezignz

Have you reset your machine? Have you set page length to 1000+ inches. Sometimes everything will work but the length of the page in the plotter menu is shorter then the registration and it will not travel past where it thinks the end of the page is. This was DK problem if you read above. Also are you set HPGL language. If you are set in the wrong language sometimes it will look like it's going to work but it doesn't. Does the prod. manager prompt you to put the pen in the middle of the box? There are a number of problems. Usually just a reset and then set your standards back.

Printer has been reset. I did a new sensor calibration with loaded laminated media and it set the sensor to 60/60. I did find out that you have to wait just a min or so after the calibration is ran before you press any buttons and it will tell u calibration has been saved. As soon as i did that it read all 4 marks but i wont know if it will read the next set of printed material that has registration marks or not lol.. The issue i did have was i had a pair or printed graphics with the same contour and the same logo. The one on the left cut perfect but the one on the left cut scuwed.( Not sure how that's spelled lol.) If looking at the cuts it looks like the whole thing was loaded crooked so it may have just effected the right image more than the left image.

So since there are people here who have this machine what is the easiest way to go about loading the material complete straight as i have had an issue with this since get go. Most roll media is not so bad b/c u can pull it really tight and try and set it just against the 2 small square cutouts in the plotter. I have a cheaper plotter at home and each roller is on its own lever so it is really easy to align the media. The rollers do track straight and have the same pressure lol.. Made that mistake once...

altereddezignz

So doing a contour cut this morning. The media is 100% straight not even off a 1/16 of an inch. Started cutting the work city of hoxie. Cut the t and y perfect with about a 1 inch outline. Then cut the ox in hoxie that is about / ft away and it cut into the color of the letters at the bottom and all the extra is up top.. Again the media is perfect. i did a reset again on the arms setting for the sensor but it read the first 2 lines, only read one line of the second mark then had to retry. only read one line of the 3rd mark an had to retry but read both lines of the last mark. I also tried all of this in the dark prior just to make sure there was no reflection.. When you do an auto mark read it actually reads all the marks fine. When your sending a file is when you start to have issues reading the marks. Auto mark read i mean as in from the plotter in the arms system menu.

altereddezignz

SO SINCE I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIX THIS ISSUE with laminated material i have just started putting tape over the reg marks then laminating. After the laminating is done i just the lam layer and peel the tape off. I have yet to have any type of registration issue what so ever and have done over 100 reg jobs in the past 2 weeks with not one hiccup. ( Knock on wood) I get a itch up my sleeve and try to register a piece of laminated material and same issues.
This includes very short jobs and even jobs over 10 ft long with long and short small items in it..

Talked to tech support and they had me go into the hidden maintenance screen and do the calibration from there. All readings show to be within the normal when it gives you the readout of what it sees based on their numbers yet still will not read correctly..

Oh well. Ill use this until we buy a larger faster printer and another plotter.

Thanks for all the help.

Now if i could just get the perforation cutting to work i would be gold haha.

5starwraps

Contour Cut OFF!!!

Recently I printed out some large logos and some text that had gradient fills and a slight bevel on them. I've used this cutter for years and haven't ever seen it be this far off...On the right side of the print it cuts right at the edge of the text and logo outline and as it moves further into the middle of the print everything is centered fine but as it moves toward the left of the print again the cut is skewed. Ill need to take a pic of it but it's almost like it may be an output size compensation issue...happens on the x and y axis so I don't dare do any long runs or really anything over 48" wide without some serious contour bleed...Any thoughts?