• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Express QE 60+

junray

I've read all I can find on this forum about this cutter from Signwarehouse. I'm thinking of getting this cutter since SW has them on sale bundle with the software and supply package. This is around my budget of $1500. However, I have not read enough review from actual users to come to any conclusion. The only review seems to be only the bad ones. Right now, what's drawing me to that VE QE 60+ is the price and the softwares.

My other choice was to go for a Graphtec CE5000-60 which is on sale at Specialt-Graphics with free shipping. But does not come with any bundle software beside the Master Pro from Graphtec.

So for those, who actually have a Vinyl Express QE 60+. I'm sure there are others who have this particular model and I would really appreciate to hear from your actual experience from this cutter, bad or good. And what you actually use them for?

TIA,
JR

:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:

WVB

From my understanding the QE series is indeed a Graphtec relabeled as the QE series. Now keep in mind just because its made by Graphtec does NOT mean it is the same caliber as a Graphtec labeled machine. Some features are left off, different components are used, etc. and you MUST go through SW for all support of the machine.

Graphics2u

I don't have that cutter but I have an older one fro SW and it's been a great machine. And you can't beat the recent sale price that includes their LXI software.

Service Sign Co

I have a Jaguar 3 and was surprised that it tracked well, probably wouldn't work well on laminated prints or sandblast and the roll option I stay away from. It's mainly a backup. The QE series is suppose to be much better than their previous Panther,Jaguar plotters. If it were my decision Graphtec. I believe it's just a personal preference.

Interdictor

This is the setup I've owned for over 1 yr and its great for the $$. LXI master plus, cutter, and whole package. Very happy.

steve b

Qe60 and lxi here....Has worked well for over a year now. Bought mine from sign warehouse also.

Go For it!
steveb

cfbeagle

I started out buying a package like that 4 years ago. It is a way to start, but not the best way imho.

I would get the graphtec cutter and Corel X3 with either signtools or cocut.

Once I got a handle on Corel I forgot about LXI. I have it around here somewhere... in the bottom of my software draw.

signage

I do not know if Graphtec is still suppling software to cut directly from corel or not. It was basically the PM from Flexi or at least very similar.

S

Sign-Man Signs

I own both the Vinyl Express x-60 (Panther) 4 of them, and 1 of the QE 60 (grpahtec knock off).
The QE 60 has to many problems to name so I'll give you the worst. Everytime you need to plot something off a new roll of vinyl you have to pre or unroll each job before you send it or you will get a X axis error that requires you to turn the machine off and start over. The VE X60 is a freaking work horse. We run about 10 rolls of 24" x 150' every month.
If I had a choice like you're doing, I go with the VE model. The LXI software is a Flexi knock off as well.
And yes we have spoken to Sign Warehouse about the problem with the QE 60 and they're reply was that there is nothing you can do about the X axis error.
I'm sure it's due to a smaller drive motor but I don't think you'll get them to admit it. It does have a pretty good ARMS system. Media handler is so-so.
Buy this one. You can get a stand for it for a few dollors more.
http://www.signwarehouse.com/specials/creat_packg.htm

Good Luck!

Jackpine

CE5000-60 would be my choice. When I bought my CE3000-60 it was $1,500 with a stand and free shipping. It has OPS for contour cutting printed graphics. If you like Flexi or Lxi for software then the QE 60 bundle would be for you. Graphtec comes with a cutting program to cut from Corel or Al and it is a very, very basic Flexi version. At least mine was. Corel is a good design choice.