• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vinyl express qe 60

PHOTO GALORE

hello guys , need ur help.

i have vinyl express qe 60 with lxi 8 and flexi 7.5 v2 .

the cutting results are unsatisfactory. i am new to all this never used a vinyl machine before.

so,

here it is.

which blade is used for cutting oracal 631.(how thick is it)
what are the pressure, offset and speed settings
if any 1 else has the same scenario.

I am using 0.9 mm blade with spring...

pressing the test button creates the arrow in a square box. the lines of the square box are not straight even the arrow looks croocked..

playing around with pressure etc.
three corners are better but one corner looks rounded.if i increase the length of blade the rounded corner become Croocked. ( the lines are not straight.)

i might be using the wrong blade or something.
( i am totally new)

if i decrease the pressure to real low value. the test results are better .but it wont cut deep enough.

please help me to improve the cutting test results.

what should i do ..

thanks for you help and time in advance.

thanks for allowing me to be the member of this great forum. :toasting:

thewvsignguy

First inspect the cutting strip for excessive ware. If it's got a grove in it replace it, or in a pinch peel it up and flip it over.

PHOTO GALORE

hello

Thanks for the quick reply.

the cutting strip had some lines on it. i flipped it. have to conduct some more tests.

i will get back to u asap.. after testing it..

thanks.

Fanaticus

how do you manage to flip your teflon strip over and have it still stick?

Here's my settings for Oracal 631:

For small lettering and decals :

60 degree blade that I "preset" by hand and should cut through the vinyl and a little ways into the paper backing - BUT not through the first layer of the paper backing otherwise it'll peel up with the vinyl when you go to remove it with the premask. Once preset it takes several adjustments / test cuts to get it to the right depth. And as it dulls over the first several cuts it may need to be slightly adjusted. REMEMBER.. it does not take much adjusting to get a big difference in blade depth.

Force - varies as the blade gets dull sometimes as little as 10 or as high as 23

Speed - varies on the intricacy of the lettering / decal. As low as 25 or as high as 70.

Quality - I have it set to 8. I've played around with it but don't notice any huge difference.

Offset - CB09Ux-2 (this also changes depending on the blade and if I notice the corners of lettering or shapes starting to "twist".

But, all these settings will depend on what your doing and what works best for you. This is what works for me and gives me the results I want.

PHOTO GALORE

thanks

thanks guys its working fine now. the material is easily weedable.

i tried out sign vinyl, heat transfer vinyl, contour cutting printed heat transfer paper. ...
every thing is cutting fine. i was using wrong blade.

the letters are straight.

i like this machine.

:signs101:

thanks for your help and time.

Sticker Dude

What are the settings you have it set right now? what type of vinyl are you cutting?

thanks guys its working fine now. the material is easily weedable.

i tried out sign vinyl, heat transfer vinyl, contour cutting printed heat transfer paper. ...
every thing is cutting fine. i was using wrong blade.

the letters are straight.

i like this machine.

:signs101:

thanks for your help and time.