• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vinyl express Qe60+

chevycamaro

i have this machine and when i start the machine to cut it will start to move like its cutting but the blade wont go down till after the first letter or number is done so then i have to run the machine twice to cut every letter what can be causing this it's a brand new machine

Todd M Castle

Back when I did the tech support for SSK Sign Supply I had this happen twice on Graphtec machines with customers. The first time I was on the phone with the customer and Graphtec for about 3 hours till we realized all it needed was some 3-in-1 oil. The same thing fixed the 2nd.

Here is a way to tell if it needs oiled. Push the plunger down by hand and if it feels tight then remove the blade holder cover and oil the part on the left that is between the two rollers (you will be able to see what part) and that should fix you up. Its just not moving at first because it is stuck at first but once it gets free cuts fine. Same thing also happened to a CE-5000-60 we have here in KY as a demo unit.

Hope this helps.

Jackpine

I told you those SSK techs are good......no matter who they work for. Nice going Todd......you ,Mark and Jeremy should know that you have not only helped many, but did it in a friendship type way.