• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vinyl for curtain trucks ?

petepaz

i have a customer that i do all their truck lettering and they have been getting box trucks with the curtain sides lately (i believe the curtain is vinyl)
they want me to put vinyl lettering on it. done this before but doesn't hold up. i recommended painting i think that would hold up better.
is that the best way to do it or is there a vinyl that will hold up on the curtains? if painting is the best what type of paint is best to use?
basicially the curtains slide open and closed multiple times per day to load and unload the trucks so they get a lot of abuse.

Centro Graphics

i have a customer that i do all their truck lettering and they have been getting box trucks with the curtain sides lately (i believe the curtain is vinyl)
they want me to put vinyl lettering on it. done this before but doesn't hold up. i recommended painting i think that would hold up better.
is that the best way to do it or is there a vinyl that will hold up on the curtains? if painting is the best what type of paint is best to use?
basicially the curtains slide open and closed multiple times per day to load and unload the trucks so they get a lot of abuse.

Only just spotted this post. Did you get this done?

Yes there are two types of vinyl although not sure if avaialble in US. We do this work all the time and use vinyl. Avery Signflex 2000, expensive but very good. One other wehave in UK is APA truck, have been using it for 15 years and works a treat. Its an italian product, so not sure if avaialble in America. Might be worth sending an email.

Hope this helps

Steve