• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Keeps Feeding on Startup

Z Force

I'm probably being stupid here. Normally when I load my graphtec with vinyl it goes thru the normal procedure of indicating the vinyl and then stops at the origin to begin cutting. Now, it goes thru the same procedure but then starts feeding the vinyl thru, and doesn't seem to want to stop. I need to turn off the plotter to get it to stop. Thought it was a setting that got messed up but I can't even get into the menu to look at anything. I don't use this a ton, so I apologize if this is a no-brainer fix, but can someone help me out?

FT1

Mine has a dip switch on the side that is for ROLL/SINGLE. Not sure if single is the exact word or not. It is for either pulling vinyl off the roll or if it is a separate sheet. That way the cutter will know if it has enough vinyl for the job. It sounds like your cutter is trying to find the end of your sheet.

MariaMartini

Did you accidentally set it for a sheet instead of a roll? I do that sometimes.

If it thinks it's a sheet it will feed it until the end because it is trying to determine the size.

Z Force

Graphtec CE3000-60.

Not in front of it right now, I'll have to look at it tonight. Weird thing is that it was working great. I plotted a job, then went back later to plot another, and it started acting up.....

GP

I will accidentally do the sheet/roll screw up.

I have also gotten in the habit of hitting the "origin" button after force feeding an extra inch or so. Some times my Graphtec has a mind of it's own on where it wants to start.

GP

MariaMartini

When you first start it up check to see if it says "roll1" in the left of the lcd screen. If it says "sheet" or something instead, that would be your problem, and you just need to change your setting.

gabagoo

First of all since day 1, I covered the paper sensorin the back of the platten, I then start up the machine and have the rollers out as far as possible on each end with no material in it. I then hit the roll 1 button and let it set up. When the head comes back down to the origin and it starts trying run imaginary vinyl through I just run my finger over the paper sensor in front and it thinks it is done. By doing this I never have to keep setting the machine up each time I put a new roll in and this speeds up production. You just have to know that if you put 24" vinyl in that you better not run a graphic 30" as it will try to. It never happens unless your asleep at the wheel.

intense_design

Hey, I have a graphtec JX2100A and I have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM... finally i had to resort to using Roll 2.. the graphtec company told me that they no longer make parts for it so if my roll 2 quits working as well i'm out of a plotter! Nice to know huh.. Hope you can get yours figured out.. tech support at graphtec was terrible.. they don't know anything!

johnnysigns

Signwarehouse LXI v6.6
Graphtec FC5100-75

Plotter does test cuts fine from production manager and from the plotter.

On either Roll 1 or Roll 2 it just feeds the roll out w/ out cutting. the version of LXI I have is so old the 5100 isn't even in the menu, so I've got it on the 4100. I've reset the machine to the factory defaults to no avail.

I'm going to try and do a sheet cut and see if that works.

Any help?

jiarby

I did this the very 1st time ... I let it feed a whole 10yd roll onto the floor. It was "Sheet" instead of "Roll"

trakers

Been there, done that. Set back to Roll instead of Sheet.

First time it happened I was like WTF as many feet of material spewed out onto the floor.

johnnysigns

The problem seems to lie in my software (i'm guessing). I don't have the budget to upgrade to a new version right now, I need to find make this work.

sarge

i think it is set to sheet as well .. either that or clean off the censors with achohol pads they may be dirty

johnnysigns

I'll clean the sensors. It's definitely not on sheet. I've used a larger version of this plotter for many years now.