• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vinyl master pro....

Techman

Exporting gradients from Corel and Ai into Flexi are the worst.
No reason to recolor in Flexi.

Turn your gradients into bitmaps before exporting will make a huge difference.

Deaton Design

I used the older version of vinylmaster pro,and upgraded when the new version came out. Its a great program. Ive never had the first problem yet. Flexi is great, Signlab is great, all of them are good programs for doing what we all do. I know its a b**** to have to pay the money, but they will let you make payments on it. And for the price, you get more than what you pay.

OldPaint

Does anyone use cocout from roland?
I have a camm1 cx24 and corel 10, will these work together and does it matter if you have windows 7 or xp?

I replaced my hard drive in my xp machine just so i could use vinylmaster but have a new machine i bought to replace it while i was on vacation when the drive failed.

Thanks for any input.
CUT DIRECT FROM COREL DRAW. nothing else needed. get appropriate driver here:
http://download.rolanddg.jp/en/cutting.html

CoCut USA

Does COCut handle RIP function. Would love to be able to print straight from Corel or Illy without having to use Flexi. Hate having to go in and recolor everything after I export from Corel or AI for print. Exporting gradients from Corel and Ai into Flexi are the worst.

CoCut does not, however, it's best to use a top-notch RIP when running your printer, and not rely on simple print drivers, etc.

With CoCut Pro, we automatically add reg-marks, then export that to your RIP software. Once laminated, etc., when it's time to contour-cut, CoCut Pro handles that with ease, from your native CorelDRAW or Adobe AI design. That saves the gradient problem when porting over to FlexiSIGN, unless of course FlexiSIGN-PRO is your RIP program, in which case I'd advise just using it. But do the vectors in CorelDRAW or Illy and then build the gradients in FlexiSIGN, adjusting the Magenta down a bit since the FlexiSIGN RIP tends to favor Magenta to an extent that's a bit heavy, IMO.

If it were me building a print-to-cut workflow, I'd use CorelDRAW and Illustrator for designing, no question. Also CoCut Pro to drive the cutting along with a Wasatch RIP for printing (amazing good rendering of everything, IMO) ... also a Mutoh/PrismJET or Epson that uses Wave Printing, since it's better at higher print speeds, from what I've seen. Just my opinion ... :^)

Best Regards,

Jim
CoCut USA
www.cocutusa.com

signmeup

If you just want a bridge program to cut stuff from Corel or Illustrator get Flexi starter. It's 99 bucks. Even has a dongle. :wink:

CoCut USA

If you just want a bridge program to cut stuff from Corel or Illustrator get Flexi starter. It's 99 bucks. Even has a dongle. :wink:

I think FlexiSTARTER 10 has import filters for some Corel and AI formats. But to my knowledge it does not plug-in to the core CorelDRAW and Illustrator programs allowing you to cut directly from them.

signmeup

I think FlexiSTARTER 10 has import filters for some Corel and AI formats. But to my knowledge it does not plug-in to the core CorelDRAW and Illustrator programs allowing you to cut directly from them.
Couldn't tell you. I "copy" what I want to cut in CorelX4 and "paste" it into Flexi Starter. Works great.

MJRKat

I just purchased the VinylMaster XPT today, and kind of messing around with the Demo until that arrives. Is there a way to "Intersect" two objects? Maybe I'm using the wrong term, but can't seem to find a way to do it. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
Matt

wedosigns

I have the dongle version of vmp. I tried for several weeks to get profiles when I purchased my printer. What a head ache, no support at all. This was way before the new version came out.
The new version just looks like photoshop with eyecandy built in!
Flexi is the only way to go!

PROBIRD

I am now using flexi that i got with my printer and it also works on my cutter, thanks for all the input.

shaunmorrell

VinylMaster

I need to set the record straight here about the first post that refers to a very old version of VinylMaster Pro.

The version Pro Bird is referring to is a 16bit program that was written for Windows 3.11, 95, 98 and Me only (1990’s software). It is not compatible with .ai, .eps or .pdf from 2004 onwards or any other version of Windows that Microsoft produces.

It came to the end of its life literally years ago but we kept supporting it for many years after that time and at absolutely no charge to the end user.

However, earlier this year the server that did the registrations online that was running for 15 years straight finally packed it in and being an old NT server it could not be recovered and had to be scrapped.

I’m sure if you asked Scanvec or Cadlink to provide support for a program they wrote 5 or 10 years ago you’ll find they no longer support it, let alone something they wrote 15 years ago!

Software is constantly updated and modified and completely rewritten on a regular basis and becomes out of date within a few months, let alone years and decades.

With respect to advertising etc. everyone has their own methods of getting the word out and to suggest that we’re somehow illegitimate because we don’t list our products in some magazine is disingenuous.

Also, the upgrade price is $375 for Pro and $750 for Xpt and can be paid-by-the-month.

With respect drivers we currently support over 4000 printers and plotters and are updating our drivers all the time. Also we did use Dongles for 7 years after the registered version (2004 thru 2010) but Dongles get lost, break or fail which is not an acceptable form of software protection. These days we use an Activation system which has proven to be far superior to any other method we’ve used to date, not just for us but for our customers as well.

So let me make it clear:

The problem with some of the posts above is that they are referring to a software program that was written when Bill Clinton was the new President which has absolutely nothing to do with our most recent versions that do not suffer from any of the issues raised in these posts.

Techman

The problem with some of the posts above is that they are referring to a software program that was written when Bill Clinton was the new President which has absolutely nothing to do with our most recent versions that do not suffer from any of the issues raised in these posts.

Did Vinyl master sales keep selling the older version of that software right up to about 2010?

jdb

Cocut ripped me off. I never got to use my cocut. They said the dongle must be bad but they would not replace it. They said I have to re-purchase a new one because the version is now out of date, even though I had NEVER GOT TO USE IT. They seem to be just like any other rip-off company that doesn't care what happens as long as they got thier money.

wedosigns

Shaunmorrell
You guys at future corp should be ashamed of yourselfs, selling vmp when you knew it was outdated and had problems with your servers. You may have had drivers for 4000 cutters and printers. Big deal! Drivers means nothing without good color profiles. You can not even create your own profiles in your software. Print samples, mail them to you, pay to have the profiles created for each material. Sounds like a lot of work and time waiting for good prints. What happens when you change a printhead, ect, same process?
I do not have the next version, because of the sshhtty support I received from Tony with the vmp se 1.95 version.
He has contacted me about upgrading to the new version, and I am still waiting on a timed free trial that is wide open so I can see the output in print form.
Big deal you can do your design in the free trial, I do not even know if you can save your file, but you can not print it.
With out printing it how is one to tell if you have good profiles, or is it just another waste of money.

shaunmorrell

Cocut ripped me off. I never got to use my cocut. They said the dongle must be bad but they would not replace it. They said I have to re-purchase a new one because the version is now out of date, even though I had NEVER GOT TO USE IT. They seem to be just like any other rip-off company that doesn't care what happens as long as they got thier money.

VinylMaster has no relationship with CoCut or the manufacturer - they are separate programs and companies.

shaunmorrell

Shaunmorrell
You guys at future corp should be ashamed of yourselfs, selling vmp when you knew it was outdated and had problems with your servers. You may have had drivers for 4000 cutters and printers. Big deal! Drivers means nothing without good color profiles. You can not even create your own profiles in your software. Print samples, mail them to you, pay to have the profiles created for each material. Sounds like a lot of work and time waiting for good prints. What happens when you change a printhead, ect, same process?
I do not have the next version, because of the sshhtty support I received from Tony with the vmp se 1.95 version.
He has contacted me about upgrading to the new version, and I am still waiting on a timed free trial that is wide open so I can see the output in print form.
Big deal you can do your design in the free trial, I do not even know if you can save your file, but you can not print it.
With out printing it how is one to tell if you have good profiles, or is it just another waste of money.

No, I’m sorry you are getting things completely mixed up here about several points.

It is almost 10 years since we sold a version of our software that needed to be registered using the server that died - the problem Pro Bird experienced (see the first post) was FIXED in 2003 when we introduced a Dongle version of our software.

For nearly 10 years we fully supported all those old versions at no charge but advised people on our website for a couple of years that the system would eventually be shut down as fewer and fewer people used it.

So we did not sell an out-dated version of VMP at any point and kept a dedicated server running for 15 years straight that physically died.

With respect Drivers and Profiles –

A Driver is everything for a vinyl cutter and there are new cutters coming out every other day - so if you have a new cutter and no Driver – it is a very big deal in deed.

With respect to Profiles – FutureRIP V1.95 was discontinued several years ago and completely replaced by the all new VinylMaster RIP which is a far superior program and RIP.

The VinylMaster RIP does use standard .icc profiles and comes with a large set of built-in profiles. Most media suppliers and manufacturers also provide free profiles for their equipment which can be used with VinylMaster, but of course the results you get from 3rd party profiles are to some extent out-of-out-control, though these are usually all very good.

Of course, you can also make your own profiles whenever you like and use these in VinylMaster using any 3rd party profiling system – in the next version we will be including our own profiling system so you will be able to make your own profiles at your location without needing a spectrophotometer. This system will give you unprecedented control over your color output and results.

Unfortunately FutureRIP has limited support these days as it was for a generation of printers few people use anymore and mostly everyone has moved onto the VinylMaster RIP which they are much happier with and getting good to excellent results from.

In regards Tech Support, Tony assists people everyday with printer drivers and profiles and we have scores of people writing to tell us how much they appreciate the work he does and help he provides.

I’m certain that if you contact him again and explain the situation he will happily assist you and get you the best possible deal on an upgrade.

wedosigns

My Bad I was mistaken. It is future rip se 1.95 that I received no help with.
As for cutters yes you need a driver, and my cutter worked fine, but I purchased the software as a rip. It was getting profiles for my printer that I had an issue with.
If suppliers have profiles, please point me in the right direction to ther sites with profiles.