• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vinyl master software

Blackie

If you use or have used vinyl master software, how would you rate it on a scale from 1 to 10?
Any knowledge, experience or recommendation is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your input.

David Wright

I purchased it a few years back thinking I would phase out my Signlab and make some money selling it. Decided to stay with Signlab but quite honestly the software is very good, effects are great.
I am talking about vinyl cutting only, I have no experience with printing to vinyl.
Still for sale if anyone is interested.

rfulford

I bought the entry level version for vinyl cutting only. I have been using illustrator for over 20 years so I was not really interested in any of the layout or drawing tools in SignLab or Flexi. I looked at some Illustrator plugins but decided to go for SignLab based mainly on the features in the Vinyl Spooler.

santa

:thumb:I use the Vinyl Master XPT and it's Freakin awesome best software I have ever owned so user friendly and great efx. :rock-n-roll:

S'N'S

:thumb:I use the Vinyl Master XPT and it's Freakin awesome best software I have ever owned so user friendly and great efx. :rock-n-roll:

↑↑↑THIS↑↑↑ I have Corel and Illustrator and don't bother with either...too much mucking around to do anything, having to do multiple actions for one effect, while VMP VMX is usually one click and it's done. Download the free trial, you can do everything except save and print.
Love it.............:thumb:

OldPaint

over the years of vinyl cutting.....i have had the opportunity to use or play with ALL OF THE AVAILABLE SIGN SOFTWARE.
VMPRO........had the demo of it. lot of good features. looked a lot like COREL
SIGN-LAB. great program, for node editing it is by far the best. has a option in it to make the desktop look like COREL.
FLEXI........ also is great takes a little getting used to. has some effect no other program has. also has the option to make it look like COREL.
SIGN WIZARD. one of the best, highly underrated. love how it handles text in the box...only program that can arch text in one move. it also looks a lot like COREL.
INKSCAPE......quricky free program....i guess with a lot of use you can get used to it. AND IT ALSO LOOKS LIKE COREL
GERBER....last one i messed with was 6.0. what a piece a crap.
LETTER ART 8.0 dont know if they are still selling this but i got a copy it with the pruchase of my 1st plotter. not something i would buy.
ARTS & LETTERS ..8.0 nice little inexpensive vector program. can set it up to cut vinyl. it has spot color also.
now the great thing about all the above programs is they all do something well. for the $3-4000 dollars seems to me they all try to emulate a $500 named COREL))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
been at this since 1992 with computer/vinyl. i discovered COREL AND ROLAND did this without any problem all day long))))) 2014..........after all the others..........i have a program that looks like COREL.........GEE IT IS COREL))))))

Z SIGNS

It does not matter what program you use

We use Adobe,Corel,Aspire,cocut and sketchup just to name a few.

There is really no debate as to what software is better than the other.
They all do the same thing.

They are just tools you use to render and execute your designs.

One versus another does not give you an "edge" as a designer or craftsman.

Personally I like Corel because I've used it since the beginning and it does everything the high priced gimmick software does.
I've also seen a lot of these providers come and go.

I would go with the software that I felt comfortable with.

I am sure the vinyl master, Flexi and other software wizards are reading this but I doubt if they will chime in.

Hope this helps

S'N'S

I don't understand people coming on saying how good Corel etc are and have never tried VMP ... well as I said earlier, I have tried Corel, Illustrator and they both suck, I will stick with VMP.
Old Paint, how long ago did you try the Demo, the old programs have been scrapped for the entirely new version which you can demo now. Demo does everything the paid version will except cut/print & save.
If you do download the demo, download the VMX version, its got the lot.

Techman

how good Corel etc are and have never tried VMP

Some of us have tried the vmp,, And a host of the others too.

Many of us have no need or desire to spend another thousand on another software program when what we have is fully operational and does every thing asked of it. Many of us older geezers are completely happy with our original cutter selection and what works. At one time most of the old geezers have tried them all in one form or another. All of this especially when the cutter sits in the corner unused for weeks.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I don't understand people coming on saying how good Corel etc are and have never tried VMP ... well as I said earlier, I have tried Corel, Illustrator and they both suck, I will stick with VMP.
Old Paint, how long ago did you try the Demo, the old programs have been scrapped for the entirely new version which you can demo now. Demo does everything the paid version will except cut/print & save.
If you do download the demo, download the VMX version, its got the lot.

Just be thankful for CorelDraw, who would the Adobe users have to look down on if there was no CorelDraw?

wayne k
guam usa

S'N'S

Some of us have tried the vmp,, And a host of the others too.

Many of us have no need or desire to spend another thousand on another software program when what we have is fully operational and does every thing asked of it. Many of us older geezers are completely happy with our original cutter selection and what works. At one time most of the old geezers have tried them all in one form or another. All of this especially when the cutter sits in the corner unused for weeks.

What you desire has nothing to do with the OPs original question, the OP wasn't asking about other programs, the question was about Vinyl Master Pro. VMP VMX has only been out for a couple of years and is a full design/print/cut program and is nothing like the older versions, if you just want a cut program...then yeah you can use any old program.

OldPaint

i use COREL X3...........and it does all i need.......so tell me why i need to spend $700 or $780????? i also have this program which i have owned since version 5.0, and now i can have the upgrade to 8.5 version for $59.00 since i bought version 8.......bout 2 yrs ago.
if nothng else the clipart is worth the price....
http://www.arts-letters.com

Marlene

[QUOTEGERBER....last one i messed with was 6.0. what a piece a crap.][/QUOTE]

what time machine did you use as the current version is 5.0 ;)

OldPaint

it wasnt OMEGA... probably GA.... and it was a piece a crap.........redundancy was for totally computer inept people. and i was proficient in corel..so that was what i was comparing it to..........OMEGA..... never messed with it.