• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl on Cistern

Would it be possible to put a rectangle of vinyl on this cistern without it looking warped because of the corrugation? Also, there are these long bolts sticking out that might cause problems. Is there any other way to put a graphic on here, maybe like a banner?

Attachments

• 20170928_160415.jpg
    20170928_160415.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 168
  • 20170928_155541.jpg
    20170928_155541.jpg
    595.8 KB · Views: 165

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Yes, you'll need to measure the vertical with a piece of non-stretching tape (or string if you're game).
Scale the image vertically to account for the excess material the corrugations will give you.
There is a formula for this somewhere, but measuring it easy enough.

bannertime

Install top to bottom or middle to top/middle to bottom. Don't try to install side to side. Use a good cast cause even a decent calendared vinyl may lift. If they are cheap, make a banner and use rope to tie it around back.

rjssigns

I'd like to see the exact procedure for install. Seems a bit tricky and would need enough bleed to give wrinkles a place to go. Makes me want to head out to a local farm and give it a shot.

papabud

Lone Wolf
as far as the bolts. not a big issue. but if you could remove them and reinstall them would make life a lot easier
it wont be fun to install with out wrinkles, if you could tile into smaller pieces might make it a little easier, but the curve plus the ridges equal not fun but not impossible either

equippaint

There's got to be an easier way to make money than this.... clean the crap out of it, galvanized surfaces are not friendly

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Is it possible to see what you are putting on the tank and the dimensions ??

2B

When we have done graphics to CORRUGATED SILO, we found that using a banner was the easier option for installation with a better look since it sits on top of corrugation. and by tension mounting you still have a good life span.

the threaded bolts would be an issue, maybe installing and then cut holes so the threads stick through.

there are 2 methods,
  • tension system, thin cable with turnbuckles that wraps around the outside and fits into the grooves of the corrugation so it does not slide on the silo.
  • mechanical fasteners, either screws or bolts,

papabud

Lone Wolf
i wouldnt mask the vinyl. its stiffer and wont work into the grooves. if you have cut letters you should mask it, stick it and then remove the mask to stuff it into the grooves

Johnny Best

Well he started this thread on the 4th, it is now the 19th. It should have already been finished with something. Two weeks on figuring out how to put a small sign on a cistern, Creative Creations for a name is a stretch.

Well he started this thread on the 4th, it is now the 19th. It should have already been finished with something. Two weeks on figuring out how to put a small sign on a cistern, Creative Creations for a name is a stretch.
We quoted the customer for a vinyl install around that time and they've just gotten back to us. I'm just trying to see what would make my job as an installer easier and quicker

This is the graphic and it will be six feet tall so I would probably have two vertical pieces that join in the center.

Attachments

• CircleWithBugDotCom.jpg
    CircleWithBugDotCom.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 93

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'd paint that gradient on there, then go back and paint the trees and the dove in..... and last, go back once again and put die-cut vinyl on. That'll last 10 years easy that way.

I'd paint that gradient on there, then go back and paint the trees and the dove in..... and last, go back once again and put die-cut vinyl on. That'll last 10 years easy that way.
Yeah I tried talking my boss into talking them to do something easier, like a banner, but they want the vinyl. I just know it's going to be a difficult install and a big headache as I'll pretty much be by myself