• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl on Cistern

papabud

Lone Wolf
since you will be doing 2 prints, install the first but dont fully tuck it everywhere yet, install the second the same exact way so that the top and bottom start and stop about the same place. once the rough install is done, heat and tuck as needed. then make sure you do a post heat on it

mpn

I know it's too late but an aluminum blank and adapting to the existing bolts like previously mentioned would be the way to go.

Good luck on this one.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all your advice guys, I hope it works out. FIngers crosses lol

I know you meant that I suppose with tongue-in-cheek, but it's a shame how many people run a business out there, with that kinda attitude. They profess to be professionals, but are always taking the cheap -easy way out. Usually, all details are hammered out beforehand and decisions are made on giving a customer what they need, more than what they want. That's not always the cheap way out, let alone easy.

Here's one :
A customer contacted us Monday, late afternoon. I didn't have time to go down, but did the next day. What I saw were several mistakes and cheap options taken and a sign that now needs to be replaced after about 2 years. That's just plain wrong. The sign we proposed will last at least 10 years and we will stand behind it for the first 2 or 3.... other than things out of our ability to handle, like vandalism and negligence. They commented on the cost and I simply said, yes I can change the amount, but if I go down in price, so will the quality. You see what you got with this one.
Just got the call this morning, that our quote was accepted and we'll be starting in a week or so.

I hope you make out alright, too.

And here's the finished job! We actually ended up doing a 52" circle so I didn't have to do them in pieces

Attachments

• IMG_2793.jpg
    IMG_2793.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2795.jpg
    IMG_2795.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2798.jpg
    IMG_2798.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 91

Gino

Premium Subscriber
At 30% smaller, I would think it wouldn't present any of your earlier concerns. However, that thing is very hard to read. Did you know that when designing it.... or did someone tell you what it had to look like ??

We told them how it would look warped. I even photoshoped the graphic on a pic of the cistern with a displacement map to show them the distortion. Heck, I even took a section of the graphic with the words and applied it to show what it looked like. Also, we suggested using a more contrasting color than that tan but that was their design and they wanted those colors. They might want to end up going bigger after all, we'll see

Well, just thought I'd update this. So Toyota wanted to go bigger so I went back and peeled the old vinyl and replace with a 6 ft graphic in two pieces. Pain in the butt and it was hot but got it done

Attachments

• IMG_2875.jpg
    IMG_2875.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 100

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What really makes it look a lot better is that..... you reversed the gradient and made it darker for a longer period of time.

I like happy endings. You didn't hafta eat the first two, did you ??

Nice job, again.​

What really makes it look a lot better is that..... you reversed the gradient and made it darker for a longer period of time.

I like happy endings. You didn't hafta eat the first two, did you ??

Nice job, again.​
Yeah they had their marketing team change the logo for more contrast as long as we were replacing the graphic anyways. Thanks for all your input guys, pain in the neck to install but I think it looks really nice

Also, I didn't stretch the graphic vertically as when I tested the shrinkage do to the corrugation was only 3% and the circle didn't look off. In the most recent pic I posted, for some reason looks taller than wider but that must've been the camera angle