• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vinyl repairs with laminate

beaulaland

beaulaland
Anyone repaired their vinyl that was peeling up with a stretchable clear laminate ? I have been having problems with trailers with rivets
Thanks in advance ! Fay

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
What type of vinyl did you use,? There's a technique to wrapping around rivets. Based on the limited info... Either bad installation, or it was a calendared vinyl, which will pull up. To answer your question about using laminate to fix that issue... Never heard of that. Not sure how it would help.

beaulaland

beaulaland
What type of vinyl did you use,? There's a technique to wrapping around rivets. Based on the limited info... Either bad installation, or it was a calendared vinyl, which will pull up. To answer your question about using laminate to fix that issue... Never heard of that. Not sure how it would help.
ARLON 4500

beaulaland

beaulaland
ARLON 4500

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
ARLON 4500
That's the laminate, a calendared laminate. Even if you used a cast vinyl... That calendared lam will pull up.

Edit, for some reason my eyes read 3420. Still, a calendared. Which might be the problem.

Last edited:

mcclaysign

Manager
That is very gender-specific of you guy.
Wow! Seriously! There is song called, Oh Boy, should we cancel them? Haha, Oh Boy is also just an expression. It has no intention of being gender-specific!!!!!!

English[edit]​

Alternative forms[edit]​

Interjection[edit]​

oh boy

1. An expression of delight or joy.Oh, boy! I can't wait to tell my friends about this!
  2. An expression of dismay, resignation, frustration, or annoyance (sarcastic).Oh, boy. This is going to be a lot of work.Oh, boy. Now what do I do?

MikePro

pics or it never happened. ....but i can imagine what a trailer wrapped in calendared media over rivots looks like!
cheap wraps are cheap wraps, but you gotta know your limitations: that stuff should be on flat surfaces only.

If you intend to be stretching/forming over rivots & bridging over panel seams, then you should be picking a material designed for this purpose or simply using the cheapest media possible and designing/applying/cutting-out around these points of failure.