• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Shrinking

Deere

We use a Roland SP540 to print our decals/signs. We let them gas off for a least 24 hours. We have been noticing on some of our past job that the vinyl is shrinking. Any suggestions what is happening and how to fix this problem?

Sign Works

We use Oracle 3641 and shrinking is about 1/4"?

3641 was what came to mind when I read your post, man that stuff really shrinks outdoors, they don't call it economy grade for nothing. 3651 is better, 3551 even better, 3751 even better yet, 3951 is best ... well I guess it's true, you get what you pay for. The one realistic purpose I have found for 3641 is golf tournament signs, one day use (that would qualify as short term outdoor use).

http://issuu.com/orafolamericas/docs/2013inkjetselector-rebrand?e=8817069/4077737#search

TXFB.INS

that grade shrinks A LOT, regardless if it has a white edge or not.
The more ink the more it shrinks

if you want minimal shrinkage will need better materials

rjssigns

Full bleed creates issues also. But here's something noteworthy. Use Oracal 651. Yeah yeah I know it's not supposed to be used for that, but it works with minimal shrinkage. Actually had a client tell us about it. His former supplier went out of business so we got the call and he spec'ed the material.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
shrinkwrap.jpg

Shadowglen

I use 3561 RA with a oracal 210 lam for a lot of everyday stuff 5 yr durability and I use 3551 RA with a 290 Lam for more long term stuff like vehicle graphics.

Biker Scout

YAY SHRINKAGE! I just love removing this kind of "Hack Vinyl Job" It's like permanent glue etched into the paint.

Attachments

• VinylShrinkage.jpg
    VinylShrinkage.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

Snydo

I run 3641 every day on an eco-sol printer, even 1/16" seems extreme....you printing solid black or something?