• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl signage newbie

jemmyell

Hi, I just bought a GCC SmartCutter (Puma III) to use to make vinyl signs. I want to work out of my home so as to not have issues with leases and such. I already do CNC inlay part making professionally (part-time) on three retrofitted CNC routers. Now I have a plotter and I need to learn to use it and all the other stuff that comes with making money making signs.

I am a software developer by trade and I write CorelDRAW addon software (all for CNC so far). I see there is a 'merchant' thing going on here so once I get my feet wet I will want to explore that also.

-James Leonard

WrapperX

Like anything - you can't just buy a plotter and POW the money rolls in...Your plotter should have some sort of tutorial but you will need a graphics program - like Coral to run it through. Search Vinyl cutting on YouTube or search vinyl sign making or what ever to get some basic idea videos and good luck.

jemmyell

Hi back to all!

Dale, where are you located in OK? I am in California currently but my family was from Sulphur (Chickasaw National Recreation Area). I was born in Sulphur.

-James