• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vinyl with grey glue for murals

bigben

Hi, a friend of mine is looking for a vinyl with greay glue for murals. he is currently using oracal 3165, but he have problem with edge curl. He want something on the same price range of the 3165. He's printing with a epson gs6000.

I suggested using 3M 64primer, but I don't know if it could be the right product for this.

Does someone have another solution?

Ben

J Hill Designs

why does it need grey glue?

try phototex. it probably costs more, but the ease of install and lack of lifting will make up for it.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
So he wants dirt cheap calendared vinyl price with the benefits of high priced cast vinyl? That so often seems to be the case....

But yeah, Phototex. They also have a newer version that is a true blockout but only for water based so far.

Also - 3M Primer 94 tends to dissolve and separate the adhesive from the vinyl on Oracal. Oracal vinyl and Primer 94 are not compatible products.

SignProPlus-Chip

Never cross primer brands with vinyl. 3M primer is specifically formulate to work with their vinyl. If used on Oracal it will inhibit adhesion instead of promote it.

bigben

Thanks all for the fast reply.

To answer the questions, he use grey glue to have an opaque solution. I suggest him phototex or high tac vinyl and it's too expensive. He also did not have great colour results with phototex/gs6000. Personaly, I use catalina material for wall graphics (I have a hp L26500). But he says it shrink too much for him.

Thanks for the hint about the primer. Is there maybe something else he can use to seal the edges?