• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinylmaster pro help

PROBIRD

Is there anyone alive at vinylmaster?
Been trying to reregister my software since daylight savings time unregisters it for 3 days, and nothing. Emailed tech support, no help.
Now what do you people think i need to try?

Please help, i am losing money and customers.

Thanks for any suggestions.

PROBIRD

Hopefully Shaun will chime in i am at wits end trying to get the program registered, emailed 1, fast reply, rplied back what it was doing and received the foolowing email back:
Hi Jerry

You must be typing incorrect numbers – computers are dumb i.e. the info must be exact.

Thanks

FUTURE CORPORATION LTD.

I have typed in the numbers at least 20 times, and nothing but "server is busy" or "you have exceeded the reregister attempts", Before they changed the website it was no problem reregistering, now this. I emailed 2 or 3 times today and no reply.

Last edited:

PROBIRD

No it has not been sorted out, i changed back my date to make it work.

Should i try again to register it?

Thanks.....

shaunmorrell

Changing the date back on that version just changes the Computer ID Number by one or two digits. You will find that if you set the correct date you will have a new Computer ID Number meaning you will need to go to the Legacy Registration page at www.vinylmaster.biz type that in along with your Customer Number to get a new Registration Number to then type back in.

Please note: V2.5 and below is no longer compatible with computer hardware and later versions of Windows inc. 7, Vista and XP SP3, and has long since past it’s expected working life. There have been many upgrades and the program was completely rewritten and released in late 2010.

PROBIRD

Okay, still does not work.

Am i suppose to buy the upgrade for getting it to work?

This is the first time this has ever happened and is driving me crazy. As for not being compatible with my computer, it has ben on here since new and never given me this problem.

shaunmorrell

VinylMaster

The upgrade is a complete re-write that was started years ago and finally completed late last year. It took many years of very hard and long work.

I understand that you are frustrated with the old version and the fact you have to reset the date. But the last time we wrote a line of code for that version was around 2003 i.e. a very long time ago.

Every time your system gets updated by Microsoft or you install a new program or virus checker etc. your registry settings are changed, as are some fundamental processes on your system. This is why very old programs no longer work correctly because they were never designed for the environment they find themselves in.

So in answer to your question, yes at some point you will need to upgrade to keep your software up-to-date with Windows and your computer hardware. Software like mostly everything else reaches the end of its useful life at some point – the version you have did this many years ago once Vista and Xp SP3 were released.

Thanks,

Techman

Software like mostly everything else reaches the end of its useful life at some point

But it should never stop working with XP. If it worked correctly with XP in the first place he wouldn't be having this problem.

shaunmorrell

Unless it’s Xp Service Pack 1 and on an old Pentium 4 and never connected to the Internet and never updated and no other software is ever installed, then No, that's not the case - Service Pack 2 causes problems but these can usually be worked around, but service pack 3 causes irreconcilable problems.

But it’s more than that, post 2005 virus checkers, registry cleaners and other programs cause many problems for V2.5 and below because it’s a 16bit program and has serious compatibility issues.