Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VJ-1604 card issues

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by PhatWall, Oct 8, 2012.

1. PhatWall

PhatWall Member

Dec 11, 2009
    I have a mutoh vj-1604 and i just got done printing a banner. I switched material abd when i put down the blue load lever the material would not initialize the size. It just said initializing so I switched of the power and rebooted the printer and have a new problem. First of all I use 3rd party ink which require cards. Anyways back to my problem the machine wont read the cards at all now. It does read that I am inserting a carterage but it says KCMY not original no matter how many cards I try!!! I have even tried several firmwares!!!

Tags:
  2. signworldusinc

signworldusinc Merchant Member

May 16, 2012
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    This problem occurs sometimes when you are switching/upgrading firmware. Most firmware updates prevent the use of 3rd party ink cartridges thus rendering your cards useless.

Regards,
    Signworld Team

3. PhatWall

PhatWall Member

Dec 11, 2009
    fw

i am running 1.13 and was working fine before.

4. heyskull

heyskull Very Active Member

Sep 2, 2007
    UK
    i would contact your ink/card supplier and see what they can do.
    I stupidly upgraded the firmware on mine from 1.09 to 2.00 and that created the same problem you have.
    I was told you now couldn't run third party inks on it but I have now installed a bulk ink system which runs great using jetbest inks.
    Are you running cartridges or bulk ink system?

SC