• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ-1604 card issues

PhatWall

I have a mutoh vj-1604 and i just got done printing a banner. I switched material abd when i put down the blue load lever the material would not initialize the size. It just said initializing so I switched of the power and rebooted the printer and have a new problem. First of all I use 3rd party ink which require cards. Anyways back to my problem the machine wont read the cards at all now. It does read that I am inserting a carterage but it says KCMY not original no matter how many cards I try!!! I have even tried several firmwares!!!

signworldusinc

Merchant Member
This problem occurs sometimes when you are switching/upgrading firmware. Most firmware updates prevent the use of 3rd party ink cartridges thus rendering your cards useless.

Regards,
Signworld Team

heyskull

i would contact your ink/card supplier and see what they can do.
I stupidly upgraded the firmware on mine from 1.09 to 2.00 and that created the same problem you have.
I was told you now couldn't run third party inks on it but I have now installed a bulk ink system which runs great using jetbest inks.
Are you running cartridges or bulk ink system?

SC