• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ seems to be using 2x as much magenta as it should be??

LenXIII

OK I just printed a 10.5x36 billboard on my vj 1614. It was a mostly 100% darker blue coverage, with color values rough 100cyan/80magenta/x/x.

I noticed the ink status #'s before and after I printed, however I don't know how accurate those #'s are on the printer.

I used the following % of an ink cartride of each color... 3%black 60% Cyan 65% Magenta, and 15% yellow.

Well if the file had a full 20% more cyan than it did magenta, why am I using more magenta. I have noticed since I have gotten this machine I have gone through half a dozen cyan and black, and 5 times that amount of magenta and yellow carts. I am new to the printing end of things so maybe this is normal?

Techman

yellow is the most heavily used.. Then magenta seems to be a close second. Black and cyan seems like it never gets sued up.