• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ1204 Banding/ streaking Vertical

Lovejoy

Just replaced print head. Replaced encoder strip about 2 months ago. I have all new dampers and now I'm getting this weird streaking to one end of my print and in specific areas on the print. Can this be an encoder issue? I did not replace the encoder with OEM; we went with aftermarket, could this be the issue? It does it on all media with any profile. Even does it on banner material. Please help; I can not print large prints like this it doesnt look "good" at all!!

FatCat

Hmm, that type of problem "could" be an encoder issue. Could you post a pic of your output? If you replaced the encoder strip, be certain it is clean all the way across. No ink spots or even light smears anywhere. If you see any, clean them off. Also, a recent issue I had was the "eye" on the sensor that rides on the encoder strip became cloudy and while the encoder strip was clean, it cause me problems where my printer couldn't read the strip at all.

Another question; are you getting this smearing even using a uni-directional profile? Just to be sure, I would do a test to make sure it isn't some kind of weird PF issue.

Lovejoy

see attached image.

Attachments

• 2013-03-01_12-13-37_217.jpg
    2013-03-01_12-13-37_217.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 133

SameDay Signs

I had a similar problem with my mimaki jv3 and I actually turned the heat way down and it helped it so you really didnt see it at all but maybe i was just lucky as well who knows.....Just an idea

FatCat

Could be a heat issue, but if it's happening at random I don't know. How long has it been since you cleaned and re-greased your gantry rails? Sometimes if you let it go, gunk and grime can build up, or the bearings in your head carriage can start sticking, and make weird patterns like you're showing.

Lovejoy

Hey Fat Cat,
I got it. It was the dampers on the black for some reason they were not flowing right. They were full. You know how they are usually about half to 3/4 full well these were maxed out full. So I pushed and pulled some with a syring on them and they began to flow correctly now.