• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ1604 colour question

heyskull

Well here is an attachment of my test print.
Magenta and yellow are perfect.
But I have a couple out on the black and the cyan as pictured.
Could this be creating me problems printing blues as they are coming out purple.
I can't believe having this few out would cause so much problems.

SC

Attachments

• test print.jpg
    test print.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 53

heyskull

I am using wasatch RIP.
But nothing has changed in the colour management.
Even files previously ripped are not the same colour anymore!!!!
So it is either something with the printer or the inks.

I am not willing to alter the colour management as I have had it as good as a CMYK printer can be.

SC

heyskull

Any help on this one would be appreciated.
When printing blues and greens their is fine lines through it.
It is as if the small amount of nozzles are making a huger difference.
It doesn't matter what setting or quality I have the machine set on the problem is still there.

Another question :-
Does Wasatch cancel out the PF adjustment as this is set up on the machines settings?

Thanks
SC

bbeens

No, Wasatch does not override the PF Adjust setting on the front panel. You stated you had tried different quality modes, were you using profiles built for these different settings or using the same one?

Bryan

heyskull

The profiles I am using are for different quality of prints onto the same material.
All the profiles I am using have been used a number of times before without problems.

Today I changed the PF adjustment manually (without measuring).
I now have prints that are acceptable again but are 2-3mm smaller over the 500mm length!
I reckon this will cause problems somewhere but I needed to et my print quality back.
Does anyone know how I can address this problem?

Thanks
SC

heyskull

Their is the problem if I make the PF adjustment correct (measuring the gap and inputting the correct measurement) the fine lines reappear!
Only when I take it down a lot more than what it needs to be does it improve!

SC

heyskull

Well I have just found adjusting the PF manually mucks up the contour cutting and it will no longer read the end marks!!!!

So I am back to the drawing board.

SC

HaroldDesign

I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly or if it does or doesn't make a difference, but do this;
Make sure "initial" is 500 before running the test, then change the initial accordingly and run the confirm. Otherwise, it will print how much it is off of 500 by the # in the initial, and not 500. I'm confusing myself trying to explain it, but do you get what I'm trying to say?

heyskull

Harold I've done all that.
I made sure everything was set up as it was originally.
Then I measured the 500mm gap (It came up at about 498.5mm)
I input the measurement into the machine and I am still getting fine lines through cyan and green prints.
I adjusted it down to 495mm and lose the lines but it will no longer pick up a contour cut.

SC

heyskull

We have a seperate Mutoh SC1400D plotter used for contour cutting images after they have been printed.
When you print a contour cut image Wasatch creates a black outline around the print.
This is used in the plotter to reffence the print for contour cutting.
When I move the PF adjustment to far up or down the machine will not pick up the referrence marks.
Hope this explains.

Thanks
SC

HaroldDesign

Hmmm... I have the same cutter. I'm understanding this now as when the pf adjust is made so that it prints accurate to measure, the lines show up. When the pf is made to make the best print, it is too inaccurate for the plotter to read. Sounds like those missing nozzles aren't so bad you can't "hide" them using the pf adjust, but are bad enough to cause the situation. I can't think of a remedy other than getting those nozzles to fire!