Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vm free

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by signspe, Feb 27, 2014.

1. signspe

signspe New Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Santa Rosa, California
    Hi, I'm running 8.6.1. When I go to Production Manager, at the bottom of the page is VM Free with a set of red bars going from 0 to 2G. As my artwork loads the bars increase, I till it up to 2G, and a not pops up saying its out of memory. What can I do?

2. GaSouthpaw

GaSouthpaw Active Member

Dec 1, 2005
    Georgia
    Close all your programs down, then go through these steps:

• Open System by clicking the [FONT=WOL_Bold]Start[/FONT] button [​IMG], right-clicking [FONT=WOL_Bold]Computer[/FONT], and then clicking [FONT=WOL_Bold]Properties[/FONT].
    • In the left pane, click [FONT=WOL_Bold]Advanced system settings[/FONT]. [​IMG] If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • On the [FONT=WOL_Bold]Advanced[/FONT] tab, under [FONT=WOL_Bold]Performance[/FONT], click [FONT=WOL_Bold]Settings[/FONT].
    • Click the [FONT=WOL_Bold]Advanced[/FONT] tab, and then, under [FONT=WOL_Bold]Virtual memory[/FONT], click [FONT=WOL_Bold]Change[/FONT].
    • Clear the [FONT=WOL_Bold]Automatically manage paging file size for all drives[/FONT] check box.
    • Under [FONT=WOL_Bold]Drive [Volume Label][/FONT], click the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.
    • Click [FONT=WOL_Bold]Custom size[/FONT], type a new size in megabytes in the [FONT=WOL_Bold]Initial size (MB)[/FONT] or [FONT=WOL_Bold]Maximum size (MB)[/FONT] box, click [FONT=WOL_Bold]Set[/FONT], and then click [FONT=WOL_Bold]OK[/FONT].

This is from http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-virtual-memory-size#1TC=windows-7

If you're running something other than Win7, search for it- though the steps won't be that much different.