• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help VP 540 no connection

Dan Thomas

Hello,

Running Versaworx and Flexi 11 pro cloud for 2 years now with no faulting on printer. Whether timing or hardware failure, not sure, Installed Kaspersky same day Roland VP 540 failed. Both ends of Ethernet flash green / yellow but no hits when i open the options for ethernet connection. Both SAi and VW say Not Connected, and its been off for a few days now, I have read forums on Ethernet problems with VP series but main board replacement may be an option. I have reinstalled, disconnected internet connection , uninstalled Kaspersky with no change in status..... located in Canada, for any advice.
Thanks in Advance

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Yeaaah so it worked just before you installed kaspersky and then stopped working?
I think we have figured out the reason why it happened.

I would give about 0.01% for HW failure or the timing was just spot on.

Not sure how kaspersky works but it could have blocked some connections in windows firewall as well?

Dan Thomas

Yeaaah so it worked just before you installed kaspersky and then stopped working?
I think we have figured out the reason why it happened.

I would give about 0.01% for HW failure or the timing was just spot on.

Not sure how kaspersky works but it could have blocked some connections in windows firewall as well?
just in case i picked up a usb to Ethernet adapter with still no connection to VP540

netsol

i don't think anything good has EVER happened from loading kapersky...

you need to see if you are getting an ip,address in the same subnet as your printer

it might make sense to use system restore to go back to settings from earlier in the week

Dan Thomas

that was it!!! oddly enough! went into command prompt on my computer, ipconfig.. and it opened up the details for the ethernet adapter! how it changed so much is beyond me , but even when i tried to change it to my usual digits it would erase them as soon as I closed the adapter settings. Had to be the Kaspersky software!
Thanks for all the Help! Happy Printing ppl