Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VP540 sometimes doesn't cut all of the way through. Very frustrating !

Discussion in 'Roland' started by ronl1975, Jul 26, 2013.

1. ronl1975

ronl1975 Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Tampa, Fl
    So my Roland will miss cuts in any contour cut during jobs and I think I've tried everything to fix it but nothing is working! Here is what I've done. I've put in a brand new blade, tried other new blades. The force is correct as it cuts 90% of the job. The parts where it misses, it seems like its still touching the vinyl but not fully strikes all the way through it ? Its tightened down properly. I've tried multiple different types of media and it does this on all of the media. 3M, Oracal, cheap vinyl, ect. Can someone please let me know what is going on here! Is this a part in the printer going bad or what? Thanks :peace!:

Tags:
  2. ronl1975

ronl1975 Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Tampa, Fl
    Take a look ..

Attached Files:

3. anozira02

anozira02 Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Prescott, arizona
    Try lowering the cutting blade until just above the vinyl a tit bit.. make sure it's not going to scratch the vinyl while printing,,, also you can adjust
    the down force of the blade at the printer.. Not sure but for this you may have to get into the Service Mode..

4. stickercuttingcom

stickercuttingcom Member

Oct 4, 2005
    a
    New Blade Holder time. Drag knifes cannot make the turn whenever they are under pressure and the blade holder bearings are worn. If you're getting inconsistent cuts, change the cutter protection strip. It's either the blade, which you tried, the blade holder, or the cutter protection strip. Very rarely is it an actual hardware problem, try the simple things first.

5. ronl1975

ronl1975 Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Tampa, Fl
    Thank you ! I'll give it a try !

6. klingsdesigns

klingsdesigns Very Active Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Wisconsin
    i would recommend the cut strip also.

7. klingsdesigns

klingsdesigns Very Active Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Also check to see if you are using the right offset for the blade angle you are using or if any vinyl is stuck in your blade. I have had tiny pieces stuck in it and it would cut funny.

8. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    sounds like you might a new holder but another thing i have been told on here, which has helped is put a drop of oil in the blade holder and sometimes that can clear it up (for a little while anyway)