• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP540 sometimes doesn't cut all of the way through. Very frustrating !

ronl1975

So my Roland will miss cuts in any contour cut during jobs and I think I've tried everything to fix it but nothing is working! Here is what I've done. I've put in a brand new blade, tried other new blades. The force is correct as it cuts 90% of the job. The parts where it misses, it seems like its still touching the vinyl but not fully strikes all the way through it ? Its tightened down properly. I've tried multiple different types of media and it does this on all of the media. 3M, Oracal, cheap vinyl, ect. Can someone please let me know what is going on here! Is this a part in the printer going bad or what? Thanks :peace!:

ronl1975

Take a look ..

Attachments

• IMG_20130726_171803.jpg
    IMG_20130726_171803.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 69

anozira02

Try lowering the cutting blade until just above the vinyl a tit bit.. make sure it's not going to scratch the vinyl while printing,,, also you can adjust
the down force of the blade at the printer.. Not sure but for this you may have to get into the Service Mode..

CarNate69

New Blade Holder time. Drag knifes cannot make the turn whenever they are under pressure and the blade holder bearings are worn. If you're getting inconsistent cuts, change the cutter protection strip. It's either the blade, which you tried, the blade holder, or the cutter protection strip. Very rarely is it an actual hardware problem, try the simple things first.

klingsdesigns

Also check to see if you are using the right offset for the blade angle you are using or if any vinyl is stuck in your blade. I have had tiny pieces stuck in it and it would cut funny.

petepaz

sounds like you might a new holder but another thing i have been told on here, which has helped is put a drop of oil in the blade holder and sometimes that can clear it up (for a little while anyway)