• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vs640 test print pattern problem what is this? please help

digital man

Hi im looking for advise on what the problem is with my printer seems to be getting worse and does not get any better with cleaning cycles.

Attachments

• vs640testprint.jpg
    vs640testprint.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 640
Last edited by a moderator:

CS-SignSupply

Possible loose ribbon cable or dirty cap station...

First, power off and unplug. Then take of the front covers to get into the printhead area... check to make sure the head ribbon cables are secure into the board slots and also into the head itself.

Uncap the head and manually clean the cap station. The black rubber seal around the edge of the sponge area.

2B

Check your firmware and make sure it the latest version, when our VS 640s act up with prints 9/10 its a firmware issue

digital man

Possible loose ribbon cable or dirty cap station...

First, power off and unplug. Then take of the front covers to get into the printhead area... check to make sure the head ribbon cables are secure into the board slots and also into the head itself.

Uncap the head and manually clean the cap station. The black rubber seal around the edge of the sponge area.

ok thanks i will try the ribbon cable thing tomorrow i always clean the cap station and have tried manual clean again today. could this be a blocked head ?

really appreciate all your help as i cannot afford a tec guy does anyone have a service manual for the vs640?

romichoux

Check if you printhead is not scratched. have you got a paper jam?

Generaly, when a printhead print out the range like it does on your print test, the head is damaged and it's difficult to recover.

where are you located?

digital man

Check if you printhead is not scratched. have you got a paper jam?

Generaly, when a printhead print out the range like it does on your print test, the head is damaged and it's difficult to recover.

where are you located?

located in Norfolk, Uk hope its not the head :omg: no scratches or jams to report i always run with the head in the high position.

scuba_steve2699

looks like a cap top issue to me. Make sure all of the tubing is clear from the captop to the drain bottle. i replaced a cap top a couple of days ago that was clogged and started the printer back up to find that the drain line from the pump to the bottle was clogged. It blew the endcap off the drain line and sprayed ink all over the inside of the machine. A 30 minute job turned into a 3 hour job to get everything cleaned up.

Bottom line, check all tubing lines before saying it is good.

digital man

thanks for all your ideas. i am trying the overnight head soak. I have clamped the captop pipes and filled the captop to the brim with cleaning fluid and manualy parked the heads with power left off. Will see how things are in the morning.

digital man

did a full firware update today and no change in the nosle pattern. after i did the overnight head soak there was an improvment in the test print then after i did a short print job i just thought i would check the nosle patern and im back to square one :banghead:

digital man

Keep in-mind the scratch (if there is one) will be at the very front of the head, not the middle as it appears in the print...

Thank you for pointing that out. i was aware that it would be closest to the front left when i looked, i used a microscope camera. Looks as clean as a whistle.