• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vs640 test print pattern problem what is this? please help

CS-SignSupply

If you saw some improvement after a head soak, I would recommend changing the captop and making sure the exit lines were clear of clogs.

digital man

ok so far i have tried:

1 firmware update (no change)
2 overnight head soak (some improvement then back to square one after short print run)
3 checked ribbon cables (ok)

now considering new captop from digiprint supplies all thought current captop looks mint. any one used the generic captop insted of the roland one?

digital man

im thinking of removing the damper and injecting cleaning fluid directly into the head with a syringe what do you guys think

Last edited:

cha88

are you running white and metallic ink set up? those inks thicken in your captop and drain lines much more then the lmlcCMYK inks do... you may need to replace your captop and clear your drain lines... mine will back up ink in the top of the cap top and reside on the head and the test prints look like hell...

digital man

not using whites or metallics. just cmyk-lc-lm i checked the drain lines they are clear also the captop in not flooded. Thanks for the suggestion :banghead: