• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wacom in Corel Draw?

Joop

Hey Corel users...
I have X3 here, and I am probably going to get a Wacom Tablet for free this week. I have used a tablet in X3 in the past, but it never seemed to have great results when compared to using a tablet in Illustrator or PS.
Is there a setting I'm not using? I really would like the pressure sensitive to work in a project I'm doing now in Draw X3. Thoughts?

Thanks.

P

ProWraps™

i think nobody uses corel draw!!!! im sooooooooo sorry i couldnt resist.

Joop

Wow, that blindsided me. Didn't see it coming!

I personally am bipartisan, Adobe and Corel user here.

P

ProWraps™

i have to admit i am too. the corel disc is the perfect thickness to keep my table from squeeking back and forth.

Joe Diaz

I'd like to know too. I have corel and always wanted a wacom. Maybe for x-mas?????
i have to admit i am too. the corel disc is the perfect thickness to keep my table from squeeking back and forth.

Yeah and I betcha Corel does a better job then illustrator at keeping your table from squeaking too. Just like it's better then illustrator at most everything else. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Joop

I'd like to know too. I have corel and always wanted a wacom. Maybe for x-mas?????

Yeah and I betcha Corel does a better job then illustrator at keeping your table from squeaking too. Just like it's better then illustrator at most everything else. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

haha! Burn!

Double Burn!!

P

ProWraps™

damn it! it does!

meltsner

I use X4 with a Wacom tablet. Although haven't had much experience with it (the combo, that is), I like it so far and would say it's a little more worthy than to be a table leveler!!!!!

Joop

i have x3 and the tablet came with it.. Very nice..

What tools in corel draw are pressure sensitive? For some reason when I used it last nothing seemed to react to pressure. I will be able to try it out again hopefully this week when I get it.

Craig Sjoquist

has coreldraw X3 best program out there, likes alot better then adobe ..must admitt some things in adobe are nice ...so not bashing

wacom works great in corel X3...in fact in anything

I also use other programs like winsign PC .. and gimp, plus others

w2csa

I've got Corel X3 and a WACOM tablet.
I love the combination and it works well,
The tablet wasn't too difficult to set up but I did disable the top buttons, I kept accidentally hitting them.
Chris

BoogerB

I have a large wacom, but with x4 and vista I get some freezing errors and glitches. still cant figure it out.

I dont use it all the time though, mostly in paint or photoshop. I haven't grasped illustration with it just yet.

I'm a lefty so paint programs and the pen work well, but i've done almost all computer work with the mouse in the right hand, so it's typically better for me (outside painting, photo work).

Air Art Girl

I use X3 and a tablet. I don't use the tablet all the time but it's great for some projects and freehanding since I am a lefty and use a mouse in my right hand

sarge

i am wondering about the wacom as well .. so this thread works for me as well .. i dont do the digital art because of my lungs .. i wonder if the wacom would enhance my vinyl grapics business .. i almost bought one a couple years back .. when i worked for boeing i used one with autocad .. and that was a line drawing and fill

meltsner

Getting a tablet will not be disappointing at all. It is simply a photography editor's dream, and even with any editing program you have greater control over your "mouse".

There is one obvious disadvantage to be noted though: With the screen flipped down, you will need an external keyboard. If you're like me, you absolutely cannot do without keyboard shortcuts. I bought one of the silicone rollup keyboards (usb) and although not the best, it works. I would though recommend a better one, like a plastic fold-up one.

W

wetgravy

the tablet is great with corel to free hand stuff, but i could never get pressure sensitivity to work correctly. Most of the time i goto illustrator to get the pressure sensitivity with some custom brushes that give the feel of a certain media, then just expand and bring back into corel. (only use illustrator for advanced effects ... can do everything simple around 50 times faster in corel since illustrator wasn't designed for doing easy things.)