• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wacoms

redbarn

Use them, like them, hate them? I had a relic from the ninties that I hated but it was old. Looking to get a new one but the only ones I have found positive feedback (for my intended use-drawing) are the cintiqus and they are a bit pricey for a test run. Any info would be great.

WildWestDesigns

I use the Cintiq 21UX and the Cintiq 12WX. Love it. It makes embroidery digitizing so much easier compared to using the mouse. Also, it's probably the closest that you can get in digital media to that of old fashioned artistic drawing/painting media as far as the feel. In my opinion anyway. Worth the money.

rjssigns

Just have a Bamboo, but it gets the job done. I like the control you have with a pen.

Lots of sites that show you how to build your own Cintiq style set-up if you are "techie". I think it would be a fun project if I had the time.

CES020

Intuos user here. I don't use it for drawing yet, but for photo editing, that thing is the cat's meow.

redbarn

Thanks guys!! I've been doing a lot of research and just cant decide. I would rather put more money in the front end and get what I need but I'm also cheap, so... What size would you recommend. My dinosaur wacom was one of the larger models and keeping the correct orientation on the screen was murder.

WildWestDesigns

I also run dual monitors, would this be a problem?

Shouldn't be. Before I had the Cintiqs I ran an Intuos 3 and you can either have it mapped to both, one, or none. I had it on none.

While the Intuos 3 did everything I could want it to do, it's hard to suggest those after having used the Cintiq. If you do manage to get an Intuos 3 though, make sure the extra pens that you get are grey. I like to also use the Art Pen and the Airbrush pen.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I have a complete, lightly used Intuos 4 Medium that I'm not using. Anyone interested in it, please PM me. $200 plus shipping.

strypguy

Intuos5 large $430.00. Absolutely love it. Works flawlessly in illustrator and I've used it in flexi too.

John

strypguy

I run dual monitors too. There is a setting to choose the primary monitor for the wacom. It will not flow from one monitor to ther other like your mouse, as far as I can tell.

John

WildWestDesigns

I run dual monitors too. There is a setting to choose the primary monitor for the wacom. It will not flow from one monitor to ther other like your mouse, as far as I can tell.

John

Yes it will. I guess it would depend on your firmware you are running and the device itself, but like I said, you can either map it to a single monitor, dual monitor, or you can not set up mapping and it would like more like a mouse.

just got my Large Intuos last week, so far so good. I Don't find it practicle for everyday, all time use, but when i need it for brush work its glorious.

redbarn

I'm so bummed Fred sold his right when I had made my final decision. Now, that I decided I was going get it- i have to have one. Anyone else have lightly used intuos for sale?

redbarn

I checked the link out... I would rather not sacrifice function so I can surf the web. no thanks. who are they targeting with that thing?