• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wacoms

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I have an older Cintique 18SX. Love it! You can find this one for a reasonable price on eBay and it does work perfectly fine on x64 Windows 7 and Adobe CS6 if you are wondering.... it is only 1280x1024 resolution and half the pressure levels as the newer models but thats fine by me.

strypguy

Wild West, I found that setting. Not sure why I didin't notice it before. Changed it to full in mapping now it flows from monitor to monitor.

The new intuous5 does have a few new features. Something to think about before buying a used one.

John

WildWestDesigns

Wild West, I found that setting. Not sure why I didin't notice it before.

That's good to hear. At first, I was thinking maybe I was remembering wrong. It's been a couple of years since I messed with an Intuos.

it is only 1280x1024 resolution and half the pressure levels as the newer models but thats fine by me.

I have to wonder if all the pressure levels are really needed. I just have to wonder how many levels one uses.

Atomic DNA

I'm so bummed Fred sold his right when I had made my final decision. Now, that I decided I was going get it- i have to have one. Anyone else have lightly used intuos for sale?

I've got a Medium Intuos 4 that is only a couple of months old as well that I will sell for 200 plus ship/insurance. I moved up to the 12WX and run dual monitors as well. The computer recognizes the Wacom as a third monitor. I have a key programmed on the tablet that lets me toggle from monitor to tablet.

imrtstc

im looking at getting the 24HD.. I have an intuos2, and im forcing myself to use the pen alot more. I just cant seem to hit the "complete order" on the 24HD yet. thinking i might do baby steps and get the 5 touch first.

Last edited:

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I run the Intuos 3 and really like it for tracing and node editing, but not so much as a regular mouse. I'm a lefty and usually keep one hand on the mouse and the other (left) on the keyboard.

JB

Cyw

Same here, we have Wacoms ( all different models) on all out computers.....laptops as well.
Haven't used a mouse since somewhere in the 90's
Use the pen/tablet for everything, including the Web

If I had to choose.......a medium size is what I'm most comfortable with.
Large, for me anyway, is more intrusive than helpful.
All the models map to your monitor perfectly.
......so in this case, 'size' really doesn't matter (smile)

Diane