• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Waddduppp

RCL_Chris

Whats up? my name is Chris Joyce, im 24 from Walnut Cove,NC. (the smallest town in existance). I am a Graphic Designer of 10 years next month. I am mainly in Motorsports Design, but my fun is raster to vector conversions!. We recently acquired a 54" Roland sp 540v machine to do our race car wraps and I am just trying to figure out things on it. It is all pretty straight forward, but we just purchased a brand new computer with Windows 7 and now I am having issues finding printer drivers that will work for a 64 bit system.

I have always viewed the site, but have never posted!
Thankssss!!!

RCL_Chris

my drivers are for a 32 bit... thats the problem.. i need the drivers for a 64 bit system.. so it will work on windows 7..

cgsigns_jamie

Hola from N.E. Florida...

I also have ZERO issues running VersaWorks on a 64bit Windows computer.
I've also never had to install drivers for my printer though. I'm using an XC-540 connected via ethernet.

I assume you're using USB?

RCL_Chris

ethernet... I never said versaworks didnt work.. just that i can't install my printer.. maybe someone can help me here.. I'm a newb to the roland printer..

Mosh

We have 4 printers (3 54" and one 30") and two 32 bit and two 64 bit systems running them on a network. All go through versa with 0 problems. It is a RIP not a printer driver.
Not like you can just hit print out of Corel and have it print. It needs to go through a RIP program.
I too started when I was young (15) that was back in 1988. Still hand painting then, and only using a sprint 3 vinyl cutter with a wopping 9 fonts.

RCL_Chris

I am running VersaWorks.. but its like NETtool cant find the printer if i specify the correct ip. for the first time today It said that I needed a NIC when i went to configure my network through properties, but my computer has a ethernet plugin on the back. My computer has a built in NIC. this is so confusing

Last edited:

BobM

Welcome from Cape of Cod. I just bought a new laptop with 7. Found the drivers n-line without to much trouble. Getting used to 7, now that's a different problem.

RCL_Chris

i dont know whats going on.. i can't get it to verify my ip for my printer. This is very frustrating, I am not a newb to computer by no means, but this is just to much. it has a built in wireless card in it, is there a certain type of nic that it will not work with, I mean all of yall done it fine this shouldnt be an issue..

MachServTech

Just out of curiosity did you buy that Roland used? Was there a service tech to help install it?

Welcome from Hendersonville, NC