• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Waddduppp

RCL_Chris

bought it used.. its been working on our computer for months.. it had xp on it (32 bit).. we went and bought a brand new computer with windows 7 (64 bit).. I have all these books for the printer and everything, and i am following directions as best I can except for trying to convert it to windows 7 terms. the printer was brand new 8-1-07, we have had a tech come out and service everything right before we bought the new computer less than 2 weeks ago.. now this suuuccckkksss

MachServTech

Give your tech a call. He is familiar with your situation and wants to keep you as a customer. He has a vested interest in helping you....just be nice to him..or her. :wink:

RCL_Chris

MachServTech- I have been talking with my Tech, hes a very nice guy from WM Plastics. He keeps telling me that I need to keep my xp computer, but he has sent me a couple different things, the last thing was telling me a common issue with the windows 7 that is very hard to figure out.. IMO there is not enough RAM on that computer, its only 3.5gb.. and thats all you can see on a 32 bit xp anyway.. I'm going to take this $hit back to best buy I guess.. I am about to start drinking the earliest I ever have on a Monday..its 12:30am here... daggg onnn lol

MachServTech

MachServTech- I have been talking with my Tech, hes a very nice guy from WM Plastics. He keeps telling me that I need to keep my xp computer, but he has sent me a couple different things, the last thing was telling me a common issue with the windows 7 that is very hard to figure out.. IMO there is not enough RAM on that computer, its only 3.5gb.. and thats all you can see on a 32 bit xp anyway.. I'm going to take this $hit back to best buy I guess.. I am about to start drinking the earliest I ever have on a Monday..its 12:30am here... daggg onnn lol

You can get almost any machine with XP pro installed, just not at Best Buy or the like. If you really want to run 7 just make sure you load 32 bit version for maximum compatibility to your old programs.

Sound like your tech is onto something (not the pipe) and it cant hurt to eliminate a variable.

RCL_Chris

OMG!!! I got it running!!! yesssss... I knew I did everything right.. there was only one thing that I forgot... to restart the printer.. BIIGGGG SIGH OF RELIEF.. I then immediatly after that, kicked myself in my own nuts for being such a moron..