• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wait a minute.. here's my latest logo attempt (or, Don't laugh at my truck sketch)

GoodPeopleFlags

I'm curious about the legalities, if there are any, about using clipart in a logo design? I've done it (not for the whole logo - just a part) but I've wondered if it's legal.

iSign

thanks for the feedback. I had thought this thread died already.
I guess maybe it's time I toughened up & learned to let some even bigger numbers roll off the tongue in the logo design discussions... I'm still proud to get 5 big ones for drawing stuff.. but I'm also still in debt to my ears from not streamlining my operation sooner last year...

I think the clip art in logos question has been discussed here before. I think the main thing is that J2 can have that in there, but some guy down the street can start J3 excavation & there's no way to stop him using the same clip art. that's my take on it.

Regarding the white outline, I probably shouldn't fall back on that paranoia so much. My print to cut registration is pretty much on the money, but i've often felt a fear that the slightest off-registration event would spoil a print if it only had a thin border, and suddenly it ended up with a sliver of white on one side, and over half the border missing on the other.. musta happened once or twice 5 years ago & I got gun shy ever since.

Steve C.

I really like that Doug... And thanks for the Signfonts plug. I do the same
with shadow cut outlines, but often do over sized outline so I can make my
cut line slightly inside. Doesn't work so well with overlapping elements.

Good Job!