• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WalMart Install 10x8 mural for $240 fair?

MikePro

wayyyy too cheap. maybe for a friend paying cash, but $200 pretty much covers showing up and cleaning up.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Some perspective...

1) The print company is not far from me and has been in business a very long time and I've never heard poor remarks of them.

2) I've seen installers performing what seems to be exactly as the OP has described; same graphic size, same store chain. Single persons who were not at all tall, installed the graphic within the time it took me to routinely shop for a single sack of goods as I often do late at night when the store is not busy. Once was a local store where I noticed the installer drive away in fast-and-furious type car. Another was when I was out of town and the installer had a new white van parked on the front store pad.

Just sayin'.

strypguy

I've done work for several large national companies in the past. They always low-ball me on labor. I send a counteroffer with what I would expect to be paid or I turn down the work. If it's reasonable they will pay it. John

mark galoob

I think it’s too low. Remember you are 20’ off the ground, that right there adds a couple hundred bucks to the pain in the ass factor.

fixtureman

Remember you have travel time prep time cleanup and may have to install in the middle of the night. will 1 lift be enough for the job or will you need 2.

Johnny Best

This is what is being installed.
walmart.jpg

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
i have had a similar experience from another sign company. They had a install offering of: three signs on brick and a overhead banner for "savers". one of them was a banner that was 30"x15' long. they offered the entire install at 350.00. Did i mention the banner install needed a truck? I felt very violated. i am pretty sure this sign company would charge a customer way more than that! My point is, these national accounts love lowballing competition to make their bottom line better AND weaken the business dealing they are dealing with. Don't get me started with the "tori burch" nightmare....

Jo Hill

Also I asked why Walmart didn’t use their own sign shop. This mural used images specific to this area. The GM told me that since each wal mart was getting their own Individualized mural it would make more since for it to be farmed out to other shops as opposed to having Wal Marts sign shop taking on such a large work load. If each wal mart was getting the same mural they probably would have done it themselves.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Another happy ending.

Now, you can negotiate to do others in your area and surrounding area. Just remember to calculate drive time.

Lucky Sky

I personally would pass. I've had the California calls here in Texas, along with a lot of credit card scams. I'd skip this one, 20' up? are they providing a scissor lift?

AMGearhart

Didn't Home Depot and Lowes get into the sign market also. WalMart puts the small businesses out of business, WalMart probably makes their own signs already.

Didn't Sam's Club also do this? I seem to remember a display years ago. And they are basically Walmart Bulk.