• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WalMart Install 10x8 mural for $240 fair?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
So Walmart does have a sign shop, I've had the tour, it's pretty bland but very well stocked with equipment. They have a rail/trolly hoist that runs the length of production, from fab to paint booth, so no need to forklift or dolly their signs around. Every item is mechanically fastened, absolutely no adhesives or clinching, even on LEDs. The funniest part was the shelves like they have at Sams Club, that hold stacks of pallets, had crates with sets of letters premade ready to send out to new locations. Probably 20 sets when I was there. Grand total of employees... 17!
I bet it's a great place to work, always have what you need, great benefits, Bentonville is a nice big/little town, but man, you've got to get tired to making one W, two A's, one L, etc, every damn day.
They also had a "small" print room, maybe 60x60 with two printers, and as I recall they did mention they farm out an awful lot just because it's an awful lot and much less critical when compared to permanent signage.

This is interesting because I know of an independent company in MS that does Walmart signs nationally.